Deja Fat

Batman76

An idea that popped into my head: a thin still famous but not as much as she was actress,  who isn't at all based on a twiggy brit who stared in some pirate movies fifteen years ago, momentarily feels like she's obese. But that would be impossible, right? 3 parts only.

Deja Vu-an unusual feeling of having been somewhere you have never been.
Deja Fat-an unusual feeling of being much fatter than you have ever been.

Pt 1 of 3: Check up.

Evelyn sat in the well appointed waiting room of her doctors office and tried not to fall asleep. Her slim, jean clad legs were crossed in front of her, heeled boot tapping idly against the carpet as she fretted with unaccustomed boredom and rubbed her eyes. A failure to plug her phone when she'd stumbled home far too late the night before had left her with that greatest curse of the modern age, having nothing to do as she waited for an agonizing ten minutes. Looking around the mostly empty waiting room, the boredom tortured, sleep deprived woman's hazel eyes settled on a medical magazine on a table and with nothing better to do, opened it at random to an article titled “Seemingly Sudden Weight Gain”:

"The obesity rate is increasing at a drastic pace, among all age groups and sexes but particularly among those at the boundary of late youth/early middle age. Here even formerly thin and fit individuals are finding themselves rapidly gaining weight. It is a time when a combination of slowing metabolisms, increasingly stressful careers and the time demands of children create a perfect storm of rising pounds. Many individuals can gain large amounts of weight without even realizing-'

'Ms. Marian?' The receptionist, a matronly woman named Susan called out, 'Dr. Laos will see you now.'

Thanking God for the reprieve, Evelyn slid the magazine back into its rack and went to stand up. For a heartbeat, she could have sworn that her slim thighs felt an unaccustomed strain, like she was lifting weights and her hips briefly felt wedged in the chair but then the long limbs felt completely normal a second later. Striding up to the desk, she turned in the paper work with her actual name on it: Evelyn Stone, and was ushered into the back.

She'd been going to Doctor Laos for nearly fifteen years at this point and the false name Susan called was a relic of earlier times, a joke from her break out roll in Disney's hit Robin Hood series (well, the first one had good reviews and the two sequels she’d been a part of had been very profitable if in her private opinion, cinematic dirt) and when the words 'Evie Stone' would have summoned a small crowd of autograph seekers and picture requests even if said in the middle of the Saharan desert. It had been a way for the A-list actress to wait calmly within the anonymous folds of a hoodie and not been bothered, even after she’d mostly left the big franchises for oscar chasing and well paying period pieces. Now though, she reflected as she was weighed, it was probably unnecessary.

It wasn't that Evelyn wasn't famous anymore, she'd seen her self on a tabloid less than a week ago. But apart from one very well paid Disney stinker a year earlier she preferred smaller dramas now that she'd never need to worry about money again. And she reflected, catching herself in the exam room mirror, it wasn't that she looked different, apart from a fine line or two on her forehead she was still the same pale willowy brunette she'd been when she'd had her break out roll at seventeen, half her life time before. But after a youth filled with movie after movie, some good and some bad, she'd taken a break for two years to get married, get pregnant and prepare herself for a career change.

When she’d returned, Evelyn had found her name had just fallen out of popular attention and that the only big rolls she was offered were as moms. Moving into Indie dramas and now directing, she was perfectly fine with being able to go to the park without being swarmed by paparazzi.

Dr. Laos entered a few moments after she sat down, a sinewy black woman about ten years Evelyn's senior. She'd been Evelyn's first General practioneer and was someone to be trusted, she treated her just like another patient and gave her good advice. During her early twenties when she'd struggled with borderline anorexia, Laos had put Evelyn on a healthy diet and gotten her a good therapist and when she'd gotten pregnant, Laos had put her in with a good OB.

There was some small talk as she took Evelyn's blood pressure and took a small vial of blood for some cholesterol tests. The two chatted, Laos mentioning her latest marathon and Evelyn discussing her first directorial debut as the doctor filled out her forms.

'It's been pretty stressful to be honest,' Evelyn admitted, running a finger over her new bandaid, 'the filming itself went fine, but editing has been a drag. There's been a lot of long days and a few all nighters.'

'Well, be careful about those. Even on a healthy person, losing sleep can have some bad side effects,' the doctor chided, putting the form to the side, 'poor sleep can have bad side effects...'

As the clip board was put down, Evelyn glanced at it, eyebrows raising in puzzlement.

"Weight: 368 lbs, -15 loss from last visit.
Height: 5'7
BMI: 57.6, Morbidly Obese.
Blood Pressure: 170/100
Blood sugar: High"

'Weight?' The actress asked, completely confused at the form, thinking it had to be someone else's.

'Yes, you've lost a few pounds. Which is good, you're still only borderline diabetic and I know you haven't had any success since you gave birth but as I keep saying you need to do it in a healthy manner,' Laos continued, in a lecturing tone Evelyn had never heard from her before, 'otherwise you'll rebound and gain more weight, again.'

Evelyn realized she felt...strange. Breathing was harder, something was pressing down on her chest, constricting her. An ache radiated from her knees, ankles, hips and lower back, like pregnancy magnified. The formerly cool office seemed uncomfortably warm, there was sweat gathering in her cleavage and where the thick roll of her belly pressed into her overly stretched sweat pants. Evelyn looked down, feeling an odd fold of flesh beneath her chin, and looked down to see an unbelievable vesta of corpulent fat: couch cushion thighs beneath an impossibly protruding marshmallow belly that itself sat between two modest, but flabby and saggy breasts.

'Gaining weight?' She asked, closing her eyes and shaking her head in disbelief.

For an eyeblink, Evelyn felt chipmunk cheeks and jowls flapping and then everything snapped back to normal. Her eyes opened to see her delicately slender thighs in yoga pants, a flat belly and high, A cup breasts. The room was cool again and her joints felt fine.

'Ah, I wasn't going to bring that up given your history. Yes, you've put on some weight but you're still well within healthy ranges,' Laos said jovially, as if Evelyn hadn't transformed into a blob, been lectured about her weight by Laos herself and then snapped back, 'fifteen pounds does seem like quite a lot in one year, but given your history of eating disorders and general good health I wouldn't recommend you lose any of it. 134 is well within healthy, which is better than last year when you were almost underweight again.'

'I'm sorry, I must have been more tired than I thought,' Evelyn stated, shaking her head, 'can I see my chart?'

'Sure, I would recommend you make some changes though, less for the weight and more because your blood pressure has gone up a few points. Good sleep most importantly, but a short workout every day, some light jogging and aerobics would be good. Just don't cut your diet though, we don't want you losing any weight,' Laos continued, handing over the clip board.

'Weight: 134 lbs, +15 gain from last visit.
Height: 5'7
BMI: 21.0, Healthy.
Blood Pressure: 109/72
Blood sugar: Normal"

'I didn't realize I'd gained that much weight,' Evelyn said, putting a hand to her stomach and finding it's familiarly board flat surface was a little puffy on the, particularly the lower part, 'I guess those editing room doughnuts stuck more than I'd expected.'

The editing technicians she'd spent the last two months over seeing were perfectly nice men and women, earnest professionals to a T. And mostly overweight, due to the long hours, lethargic working conditions and the plentiful doughnuts, chips and sodas available in the snack machines and the coffee shop across the street, to say nothing of frequent take out. Evelyn had spent at least a full working day there every day for seven weeks and had fallen into their diet from her usual healthy one. She was only eating a home cooked meal once a week, at best, and eating fast food for the rest of it. Since her therapy years earlier she hadn't watched what she'd eaten and a good metabolism combined with a healthy life style had kept her at about 120lbs except for during her pregnancy.

'While diet has a part, I'd chock it up to the poor sleep,' Laos told her, 'now, I want to stress again: I don't want you to lose weight. You are not fat, but I do want you to be more active, eat a little healthier. You're still perfectly healthy but it's best you establish some healthier exercise and sleep habits while you're young.'

'I'll be sure too, today is the last day of editing.  As soon as I'm done here, I'll be finishing up at the studio and then it'll be done,' Evelyn told her, handing back the sheet and stepping down from the paper covered exam table with ease, 'but I do have one question...'

'Oh? Anything bothering you?' Laos asked, turning from the door.

'What if, and I know this is crazy, but what if I kept gaining weight?' Evelyn questioned hurriedly, 'how much weight would I have to gain to be actually, medically fat?'

'You, fat?' Laos chuckled, 'well if on the day pigs fly and you're fat...'

Evelyn's knees gave a wince of pain. She felt her waist band grab painfully around the sprawl of her sloppy lower abdomen. The novice director took the deepest breath she could, only for it to turn up shallow.

'It's unlikely for you to be 'thin' again,' Laos said, tone dead serious, 'you're more than two hundred pounds overweight after all. It's something that happens to some thin women once they have a kid, their metabolism just falls off a cliff and bad eating habits escalate. But, if you are able to follow the diet plan I've given you, we can certainly stabilize your weight. Your next appointment is in a month and we can talk about a more strenuous weight loss plan then. You'll be a good candidate for gastric bypass surgery.'

Gastric bypass surgery? Evelyn blinked and was suddenly herself again, her body lean and willowy.

'...then you can go on a diet,' the doctor laughed, 'I'll see you for your next physical in a year. It's been good talking to you.'

'Yeah, you too,' Evelyn said, shaking her head and walking out the door, a cold sweat going down her back.

What was happening to her? Had she just hallucinated being obese? Was she going crazy?

She could have sworn she’d been nearly four hundred pounds of heaving fat a moment ago, three times what she actually weighed. And that Laos had sternly told her she’d never be thin again and needed gastric bypass, only for everything to go back to normal and Laos to caution her against losing weight. It was completely impossible for it to be real.

No, it had to be the bad sleep, the actress concluded as she walked towards the elevator. She’d get a good night’s rest, do some of Laos’ recommended exercises and be fine. This was just a momentary weirdness, it had to be!

The bad sleep combined with some tiny part of herself that was still anorexic and anxious over the tiny bit of vanity weight. But, in the waiting room when she’d momentarily struggled to get up, Evelyn hadn't even known about that, even though she'd known she was eating too much junk. If Laos had told her she was still 120 lbs she would have believed her, she hadn't worried about being fat since...

The elevator dinged open, it's polished interior empty save for Evelyn's reflection: an immensely wide mega pear with thighs like sacks of flour and an apron gut to her knees. Gasping, the former twig waddled forwards and with every step felt the heavy jiggle of her imprisoning bulk: her weak thigh muscles straining to slide the layers of chafing fat past each other with each step, the sensitive bounce of her stomach's down slope hitting her legs. She reached a drooping lunch lady arm to touch the reflection with one puffy finger and blinked...

When her eyes opened, her customary pencil thin reflection stared back at her. Shivering, she stepped into the elevator and hit the button for the parking garage. As it went down, Evelyn put her hand at her waist, fingers idly pinching the tiny inch of flab that had begun to press against her yoga pants.

Interesting premise. Nice of you to share this idea with us so soon. I personally hold my new ideas in until my current "project" is fully-written, which serves to inspire me to actually finish it. It also allows me to let the new ideas "ferment" in my head for awhile. Um... by the way, you're Epic story is truly amazing hehe. 

4 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Wow, you're prolific! This is a great opening, lots of intrigue and exciting ideas.

But which actress could you possibly be referring to? I'm truly stumped. I shall worry about this query nightly (ba-dum tshh)

I don't even keira if you know. :P

But yeah, I've always had a thing for her despite her being pencil thin. She's at the top of my 'wish she'd get fat for real' list.

3 hours ago, >_< 0_0 said:

Interesting premise. Nice of you to share this idea with us so soon. I personally hold my new ideas in until my current "project" is fully-written, which serves to inspire me to actually finish it. It also allows me to let the new ideas "ferment" in my head for awhile. Um... by the way, you're Epic story is truly amazing hehe. 

With me, when I get an idea it stays at the forefront until its written out and crowds out everything else.

Evelyn was thin when she left the elevator and ran to her car, as if that would keep her skinny along the way. Her boots click-clacked on the concrete and her breathe came in gasps, purse flopping behind her. A hundred yards or so later, she almost ran into her own bubble gum pink electric roadster and stood panting at its side, fear and physical exhaustion making her shiver. For a moment the actress scrambled at her purse as if a serial killer was on her trail and then forced herself to stop and breathe.

Despite being thin, currently, Evelyn wasn't in the best shape so that took some time. It had been more than ten years since she'd seriously exercised, beyond pushing a stroller to lose her minimal mommy weight or a literal walk in the park. For the past two months she hadn't even done that, as the slight pinch at her midriff that may or may not have been imaginary suggested. An old, once conquered part of her screamed ugly accusations of being fat and Evie mentally whimpered to hear that again. Trying a trick from her therapist, she closed her eyes, took three deep breathes, and spoke to herself.

'You're at the weight you're at, and that's okay,' Evie sighed, then opened her eyes.

The woman looking back at her from the car's side mirror was thin. As was the woman in the car's window. Sighing with relief, she thumbed the lock and collapsed inside on the front seat, wiping cold sweat off her forehead.

'What the hell was that?' Evelyn asked herself in the privacy of the car, 'That wasn't real. It had to be some sort of hallucination. You can't go from thin to fat to thin in three seconds with a doctor watching you and not say anything. This isn't real, this is stress and your old eating disorder getting back at you. You can beat this, just like you did before.'

Evelyn had always been thin, since she was a kid and for most of her life had thought herself too skinny given her distinct lack of frontal assets. When a teen, she'd seriously eaten like a pig in the hopes of starting a growth spurt only to see her invincible metabolism annihilate any meal she put in front of it without a mark left on her washboard stomach or firm little butt. That had only changed about a month after her twenty first birthday.

Robin Hood 3: The King of Arrows had just wrapped filming, something everyone involved was glad of. The first film had been a fun swashbuckler but the studio's demand for more and more had driven the director completely around the bend by the second sequel. Character arcs were thrown out and CGI viking zombies thrown in with no regard to anything beyond the director chasing a high of success. Evelyn's Maid Marian character, in the first film a bookish girl with a yearning for adventure, had somehow been named Queen of Scots and spent the last half of shooting in a ridiculous plaid mini kilt and bra that the posters had filled with CGI D cups and wielding a six foot long rubber sword. Unfortunately she'd signed the contract back when Evelyn Stone was just a hopeful actress and only become a big name due to the film, her agent had argued for a large pay increase but hadn't been able to do anything about the bra.

The first day of filming in it had seen the director, in the throws of a nervous breakdown, give Evie a public verbal brow beating over her weight after he'd seen her eating her lunch from craft services in costume. Despite her being a hundred and fifteen pound twig he'd continued yelling insults over her weight even after she'd broke down in tears and run to her trailer. Her agent had gotten another million from the studio for it at least, but she'd been left pretty fragile for the whole of shooting, skipping meals and acting in a daze. When it had wrapped, she'd celebrated her twenty first and found she had a taste for wine coolers.

Always proper and in control, she hadn't gone fully overboard, but she'd killed a variety pack 12 pack or two of the sugary booze a week for a month solid when her idiot boyfriend at the time had dumped her over his ego not being able to take the amount she was making. Vowing to never date another actor, Evie had indulged in a weekend of emotional eating when her agent had called with an offer from a major lingerie company wanting to know if she'd be interested in a very well paid promotional shoot. Evie had broken out into being a name at that point, but the first few period pieces she'd shot in between the Robin Hood movies that would give her a solid reputation and her first Oscar nod hadn't been released yet, the agent wasn't sure if Evie would be a flash in the pan or not so he'd encouraged her to show up for an audition.

'Bitches,' the actress murmured to herself in memory.

Having never worried about her weight, the nascent starlet had been surprised when the size zero panties were a little snug. And when the modeling head had overlooked her...that woman had been coldly cruel with her words: flabby, thick thighed, big bellied, not our material, unprofessional.

Evie had weighed a whopping hundred and twenty one pounds, most of it bloat. She'd managed not to cry till she got to the car and then...just stopped eating. She went back to 115 by the time Robin Hood III premiered. To 110 by the time her next period piece started and 105 when it wrapped. She started smoking, she started running hard core in the mornings and doing calisthenics, even though her starving muscles were only being damaged by it. Every time she looked at herself in the mirror, she'd felt disgusted at how heavy she was. Evie had been lucky that Dr. Laos had seen her condition for what it was and put her on a diet while recommending a good therapist for her psychological issues. Over a year or so, she'd slowly gotten back up to about 120 or so, fixing the self hatred took longer but eventually it faded away to a rare whisper before going away entirely.

Until now.

'You're not getting fat,' she said to her reflection, ignoring the inner voice that said she already was.

At the blink of an eye, the car horn sounded and the woman looking at her from the rear view mirror had three chins.

The transformation had been instantaneous. There hadn't been a surge of fat as her belly swept across her thighs, its amorpheous bulge was just slapping against the steering wheel. Love handles dug into the seat's arm rest on her right and the door on the left, while the roadster's springs gave alarm as it tilted suddenly to the left.

Panicked, Evie tried to fumble for the seat release but to no avail: trying to sit forwards merely pressed more gut into the steering wheel. Her clumsy, seemingly stubby limbs couldn't find a gap between her now brewery horse thighs and bean bag belly. Wobbling, terrified someone would investigate, she managed to get her thick left hand to find the recline button and leaned back until the seat was in full recline. Laying back, Evie shivered, finding it harder to breathe but her gut was at least merely sagging towards the floor between her thighs now instead of pressing against the wheel.

'This isn't real,' Evie said to herself, closing her eyes, 'you're the weight you need to be. A doctor just said you weight 130 lbs, not this. When you open your eyes, you'll be back to normal.'

She opened her eyes and looked down.

Evelyn's lithe body was still a three hundred sixty eight pound butter ball. Her hips were so squashed into the door she doubted she'd be able to close it, the arm rest was trapped in love handle and in the struggle, her shirt had ridden up to expose a vast expanse of milk pale skin striated with silvery stretch marks. She was absolutely not back to normal.

Determined not to panic at this very convincing hallucination, Evie breathed deep, making her shirt rise up past her belly button. Another memory came to her from therapy: if you think you're fat, feel yourself. Accustomize yourself to your weight and learn its okay to weigh that. Ignoring the internal scream that it wasn't okay, Evelyn touched her stomach with a puffy finger tip.

It was soft, fluffy. Like the real inch of fat coating her, but magnified a hundred fold. She poked herself, finding nothing but jiggling adipose, grabbed one meaty roll. Her hands explored, everything they touched from her stomach to her thighs to her now heavy chest soft, warm and plush.When she was finished, which took over a minute, the actress was still fat.

'Okay, you're okay. Its okay,' she sighed to herself, 'you'll snap back any minute now. This isn't real.'

Her stomach gave a bear like growl. Evie remembered she'd skipped breakfast besides a granola bar and having gotten used to being pampered with at least two doughnuts by this time of the late morning was feeling a bit cranky. Which was ridiculous, she had several pigs worth of body fat coating her and was hungry. Nor could she easily sate it, she couldn't drive like this and surely couldn't walk. Shaking her head, the morbidly obese director looked at her purse and was struck by an idea: she'd gotten her driver's license renewed about a year ago. It would surely say her weight and it wouldn't say 368 lbs, right?

Reaching her purse, thrown hastily to the passenger floor, was a challenge in itself. Evie was sweating and breathing hard, fighting against the cramped car not built for the obese. But she finally managed to reach it and opened it up, blinking in surprise to find three king size snickers and the wrappers of several more.

'What the hell?' Evie asked, 'I don't carry snacks...but I don't push four hundred pounds either...'

Hungry, and convinced she couldn't get much fatter, Evie unwrapped the candy bar in a suprisingly practiced motion. The chocolately goodness soothed her nerves as she opened her wallet, which caused her eyes to widen in surprise all on its own. The woman in the picture was fat, not as fat as she was now but twice as big as her normal: round faced and double chinned, with the third merely coming in. On weight it read out: 274 lbs.

'I don't ...I wasn't fat a year ago,' Evie muttered as she polished off the snickers and picked up another one, recalling how a year ago she'd been in a size two evil sorceress costume for yet another live action remake that had at least been fun to eat scenery in, 'I was on film thin a year ago!'

She grabbed her recharged phone from the cup holder, surprised to find an empty 32 oz soda opposite it. A quick flick brought up google and typing in her name the first search result was 'robin hood' while the second was 'fat'. Just searching her name brought up four photos of her thin at premiers and award shows, one pregnant but much heavier than she'd actually been and one undeniably fat at over two hundred pounds if tiny compared to her current state. Her eyes widened to find out that apart from one post world war two drama she hadn't been in a film since her daughter was born and she looked pretty doughy in that one when in her memories she'd been trim. But she somehow had three directoral credits to her name and each of those movies had gotten excellent returns and reviews, there was a video of herself at Cainnes, clearly obese, talking about what an honor it was to win an award for a film that had never been made.

'What the hell is going on?' Evelyn asked herself, 'I can't hallucinate video can I?'

She quickly typed, as fast as her plump fingers allowed, 'Evelyn Stone fat' which resulted in...pretty much nothing. Some weirdo photo manips and some gripping by an anorexia group over her daring to get pregnant. Evie hit back and all of the photos were slender. Her driver's license read '121 lbs' and showed a svelte woman in her early thirties. Evie looked down, seeing lithe thighs, narrow hips and small breasts with an almost totally flat stomach that just barely pressed at her waistline.

'I really am going crazy,' she sighed and took a bite of the snickers.

It took her most of the bar to realize that the candy bar was real. She looked at it in horror, the most shocked anyone had ever looked at a candy bar for certain. Blinking, she looked in her purse only to find it bereft of food. The soda cup was gone too, as were the wrappers for this snickers and its mate.

'Where did you come from?' she asked.

This was puzzling her, not scaring her as it should be. Either she really was oscillating between 130 and 368 lbs by the second or she was going so crazy she believed she was and eating imaginary snickers to boot. It was a mystery, a nonsensical one but one she had to solve if she wanted to stay sane. She closed her eyes, counted to ten and opened them to still be skinny and holding the candy.

Her stomach growled with hunger, no less than its larger counterpart had a moment earlier. With no where to put the snickers’ stub, she shrugged and munch down on its remnant despite the disordered part of her mind angrily yelling she was getting fat.

The candy was good, but as she buckled her seat belt, after easily reaching down and put the seat back and pulled out of the garage, her stomach was still grumbling. No not grumbling, pained, almost cramping from hunger as if it still had a rotund behemoth to feed and not a twig.

The drive to the studio was only a few miles and given the hour, 11:00 am, traffic wasn't bad. However, it was miserable because her stomach would not stop growling despite the possibly real Snickers she’d shoved into it. Evelyn put her free hand on it, finger tips automatically pinching her little spare inch of fat. Was it bigger than in the doctors office? Doubtful, not from one or two candy bars and in comparison to what she'd been...what she'd thought she'd been she reminded...well there wasn't much reason to worry, right? It'd take several bad years of eating to get to that weight, in fact had taken it going by the baffling Google results.

‘You’re fat. You’re fat. You’re fat’ her inner voice screamed, ‘you’re already getting fat!’

Was that slight discomfort around her hips her underwear getting tighter? Was that slight ache between her shoulders not due to bad posture while directing the editing but because her almost B cup breasts at last needed support? That rip on a different pair of yoga pants, a dryer error or strain from a widening ass?

‘You’re fat. You’re fat. You’re worthless and fat!’ the critical voice reminded her.

'What the hell is going on,' Evie muttered to herself, seeing a snarl of traffic up ahead and turning off the main road, ‘I’m not fat, I’m perfectly healthy.’

Pausing on the exit, her eyes panned from the right and left. On the left was a side road that would slowly take her to her destination and on the right...was a Carls Jr. Her belly burgled angrily, a stab of pain, and she put on her signal.

'At least they stopped those god awful commercials,' she mused to herself as she slid into a parking space in the back, trying to ignore the screaming inner voice.

'You want to get fat?'

'You're already fat, eat here and you'll just get fatter you washed up hag!'

‘Your career will falter, your husband will hate you!’

Evelyn closed her eyes again and sighed to herself, 'You're not fat. And if you put on a few pounds its okay. Your doctor just told you you're perfectly healthy.'

Grabbing her purse, Evie stepped easily out of the car and took one long step with her trim legs. Her follow up step was shorter, because she had to push her inflated thighs past each other before it bounced into her apron gut, the lower roll of which sagged down inside her surely tent like sweat pants while its upper half pressed over her waist band. The actress stopped again, looking down and confirming that she was indeed hopelessly overweight once more, a broad flap of gut hanging out in front of her.

'Okay, this is okay,' she said as her heart rate rose, partly from fear and partly from the sheer necessity of her overloaded body, and she stuffed the escaping fat roll back into its prison, 'think of this...think of this...'

She was fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat.

Fat.

Every spun and she put a doughy arm on her car to support herself. Mentally she counted to ten, ignored the dull ache in her knees and just breathed.

'Okay, you're fat, for a little bit. Just think of this...think of this as a role. Like you’re in a terrible Nutty professor remake with the twist it’s a woman,' she told herself, free hand pinching the apron of lard mostly pinned beneath her clothes, 'you're playing fat Evelyn Stone going in for lunch. Do what fat Evelyn would do, focus on that.'

The actress put her purse over her beefy shoulder and took a step forwards, trying to be confident but foiled by her swollen physique. No, that was how thin Evelyn walked, not fat Evelyn. Fat Evelyn knew the limitations of her corpulent body, she didn’t expect speed or grace, no she would take a short step, stopping just short of banging into her own belly. And she'd keep momentum by rocking her bulk forwards with each step and try to keep the pressure off her already protesting knees and ankles. She started breathing more heavily, so she tried taking deeper breaths, fighting against the layers of lard around her chest.

'Could have parked a little closer,' she muttered as she finally reached the door, a faint layer of sweat coating her body, pooling inside her stomach rolls and her newly engorged breasts and her joints complaining at her, ‘might have considered gaining a couple hundred pounds in between the car and the restaraunt.’

Opening it was an initial failure, she opened it as a very slim woman would and not one who's considerable gut was a major impediment to basic actions. Despite being several times their old circumference, her arms were pitifully weak, weighed down by their prisons of fat. Worse, the door banged annoyingly into her belly which was surprisingly tender, leaving only a narrow gap even skinny Evie would have difficulty opening it. Trying again, the immense actress managed to pull it open and continued into the fast food restaurant, her nose immediately tingled by the smell of frying potatoes and sizzling meat.

There were few people in the place and most of them were much thinner than her, for the first time ever she was the fattest person in a room. Shame tinged her cheeks, but Evelyn banished it, fat Evie was used to being fat and wouldn't mind being so big. She was here to eat lunch and if the previous hundreds of warning signs she must have ignored from tightening waist bands, tabloid comments and doctor’s warnings to get this big hadn't stopped her, a little shame wouldn't. Stepping forwards with a more confident step, she approached the counter.

'Morning, can I take your order?' a shockingly skinny girl in her early twenties asked her. For a girl who worked in fast food she was tiny, Thin Evie might actually struggle to fit into her uniform with the extra bit of fluff she was carrying.

'Ummm yeah, I'll have a burger...ummm,' Evie realized that she rarely ate burgers, a rather stupid american invention anyway, usually going for mexican or chicken when sampling fried food.

But that was skinny Evie. Fat Evie had experience eating like this after all, Fat Evie ate like this every day, fat Evie wasn’t trying to stay under four hundred pounds because she wasn’t a fast food connoisseur. She cast her eyes over the pictures and licked her lips.

'I want a jalapeno burger, a full pound one with onion rings on it and extra sauce, an extra large curly fry...a large order of chicken tenders...biscuits...a  large soft drink and a large strawberry milkshake,' Evelyn said confidently.

‘To go?’ The tiny check out girl asked with a raised eyebrow, ‘is there someone else you’re sharing with?’

‘No, for here,’ Evie told her, considering how difficult getting into her car this weight would be, much less eating while maneuvering her marshmallow body would be while trapped inside its cramped interior.

‘And it's all for you?’ The girl asked again, slightly confused.

Close up, Evelyn realized the cashier was actually pretty chubby, under two hundred pounds but well over the one fifty mark. She had a little roll under her chin and a puffy paunch, she was a twig compared to fat Evelyn though. Fat Evelyn, she decided, had to be so big most everyone looked skinny in comparison.

‘Of course, do I look like I can’t eat that much?’ Evie asked pointing at herself, while her inner voice yelled ‘FAT’ at her.

Again she ignored it and considered what fat Evelyn would do. Fat Evelyn accepted she was fat, fat Evelyn might not like barely fitting into her car or the knee pain or the blood pressure meds, but Fat Evelyn liked to eat. Fat Evelyn took the ‘You’re Fat’ voice and buried it in fried meat.

‘Not really,’ the chubby cashier told her, ‘but hey, it's your order.’

‘In that case, add a small salad to it,’ Evie smiled, sure her fat face had dimples, ‘I’ve gotta watch my figure.’

‘Sure thing then,’ the cashier sighed and began ringing her up, ‘thirty even.’

That was high way robbery to be honest, but Evie, no Fat Evie, was used to big meals. The actress reached for her purse and only when her slim hand reached it did she realize it hung flush on a narrow hip. Her knees didn’t hurt and her breathe came easy, but her flattish stomach was still hungry despite the snickers.

Blushing, robbed of her armor of adipose, Evie paid without another word, took her soda and filled it up. She stood in the waiting line, drinking it and thinking, trying to figure out when the change had been. When she ordered? Before? How long had she been skinny? Had she been thinking like ‘Fat Evie’ while skinny? And the cashier, who was well within chubby, had she actually been thin or had it all been perspective?

She finished the soda, surprisingly quickly and the bubbly mass was uncomfortable in her mostly empty stomach. The actress refilled it with water, pondering the twilight zone hell she’d stumbled into. There was no explanation for it beyond either hallucination or some sort of vision quest. If in the morning she was still feeling this way, still flickering between slinky slim and rolly Polly fat, she’d go to the psych ward and get dosed with anti-psychotics. Until then though, she’d just have to take it as it came and pay attention.

Evie was still skinny when her number was called and she picked up the tray of cholesterol, calories and saturated fat with a smile, even though it was shockingly heavy. After loading up on condiments and choosing a deserted section of the restaurant, she sat her slim tush down in a corner booth and took a sip of the milk shake. It was good, sweet and creamy and it settled the nausea in her stomach as she sucked it down. That inner voice yelled at how it would all go to her thighs and screamed until she sat the half empty cup down in front of her, having already sucked a decent meal of calories from it.

‘I’m fine, I’m fine, i’m the weight I need to be’ she muttered to herself quietly and then felt a chill on her left breast.

Looking down, she saw her now matronly tits were on the table and one was pressed against the cold shake cup. Her belly was pressed tight against the table, it's lower half pressing on it from underneath where it fought for room with her beef slab thighs. The voice subsided, Fat Evelyn didn’t listen to it like thin Evelyn did and she sighed with relief, even though the motion pressed her sensitive tummy fat against the table. She tried making herself comfortable but failed, realizing she was wedged tight. It was a mistake thin Evelyn had made and could get her out of. Fat Evelyn would have chosen a chair or two to support herself and sat back far enough her belly would have some room.

‘I’ll get out when I’m skinny,’ she thought and reached for a chicken strip.

The chicken strip was out of reach though. Pressed tightly as she was and generally inflexible as this body was built, the pinned woman couldn’t reach her stubby looking fingers to its paper box. Again, thin Evie had gotten fat Evie into a jam and she realized on her instincts to tell her what to do.

Grabbing a curly fry, she used it as a tool to pull the chicken strips closer before popping it between her lips. Chicken joined it, then more fries, all loaded in three different sauces. Not counting ketchup because what are fries and chicken with out that? They disappeared quickly, but she ate with decorum, not spilling a drop. She’d, or at least thin Evie had, dined with the Queen once and being two hundred pounds overweight wasn’t an excuse to be a slob. When the chicken was gone and the fries only grease stained, she wiped her lips, and sighed contentedly. She felt good, her belly gurgled happily for more so polished off the slightly melted shake and felt better. Despite the knee pain and the pinch of the table, Evie felt contented and relaxed, better than she had since filming had wrapped. If overeating was always like this, she understood perfectly why Fat Evie was so big. So, to continue that full happiness she started in on her burger.

It was good and spicy. Spicier than she’d thought and fat Evie she found, liked spicy. After a few bites she was sweating, more than the slight layer of perspiration that apparently always covered her a this size. Sucking down the water only made it worse, her shake was empty nor could she easily get up to get a refill.

‘Stupid thin Evelyn,’ she thought and wiped her face, noticing through the napkin it was angular.

Looking down, her first thought was ‘Now I can get a drink at least’ while her second was ‘What the hell did I do to myself?’ Thin Evie still had small tits and lean thighs, but she now had a hell of a food baby poking over her leggings, displaying turgid pale flesh where it had pushed her t shirt aside. She put a hand on the stuffed dome, almost expecting to feel a kick. A red ring from her suddenly much too tight leggings was evident and her T shirt, when pulled down rode right back up over the hard packed slope.

That motion was enough to make her fast food stuffed stomach groaned in pain, even in her relatively heavier than usual and somewhat out of shape state the newbie director had never eaten like this before. She felt ill, the grease and meat and sugar and carbs were not sitting well at all on her. But she didn’t vomit, even though the idea of getting rid of the several pounds of fast food in her gut appealed to her. She’d purged before and knew if she started now it’d be hard to stop. Better a few pounds than going back down that road.

‘You’re fat, you’re fat, you’re fat,’ the self hating part screamed as she got to her feet, the food baby making bending painful.

Standing, adjusting how the too tight waist band and cursing Fat Evie for writing checks Thin Evie’s digestive tract had to pay, the actress trashed the remaining half of her burger and the other empty containers and walked slowly up to the soda fountain, past the few universally well fed and porky clientele. Her walk was as bad as fat Evie’s had been, if for different reasons: her stomach hurt with every step, that little hateful voice told her the clientelle and especially the chubby cashier were all looking at her in disgust for being so unfit. She filled the drained cup with ice and then with a slim, well manicured hand, wedding ring well fit on her finger, went to fill it with water.

A beefy hand, still well manicured but ring less, pulled back from the water spigot. Yes she thought to herself, not getting hundreds of empty calories was good but she was also exhausted wasn’t she?, and filled a large cup of fizzy Mountain Dew. Evie’s round face split with a frown,  she usually detested soda and banned it from the house. It was pure sugar and caffeine, pretty much terrible for you but she was also exhausted from less than five hours of sleep the night before, had to finish editing and had a suddenly much longer walk hauling three hundred and seventyish pounds back to her car and finding a way to cram herself inside it.

She put her lips to the cup and found the soda better than she’d thought, its sweetness was comforting and its fizziness fun. Fat Evelyn might have a point in liking it, but given how it made her teeth hurt Evie decided that she should limit it from her on out. She’d already drank two quarts of it already and didn’t need a cavity on top of high blood pressure and blood sugar. The morbidly obese actress smiled at the dainty cashier, who had seemingly gained a chiseled jawline in the past thirty seconds, refilled the soda and started walking away, her belly gurgling contentedly.

Half way to the car pain filled her mid section, as Evenlyn’s small, ludicrously over full stomach screamed at her. She managed to make it to the car and plopped inside, reclining backwards and groaning as she rubbed her stuffed gut. The athleisure wear pants were pinching her swollen belly crueler than the corset she’d worn in the first Robin Hood film and when Evelyn looked in the mirror she was green at the face. Her inner voice was ludicrous with rage at what she’d done, eating two days worth of calories in one go.

‘I wish I could unbutton these,’ she groaned, letting the swollen gut plop out, ‘God I’m going to vomit.’

But she didn’t vomit and waited until she felt better, then slowly hefted her immense bulk into a position she could drive from. There was a pharmacy nearby and she had a limited opportunity to drive there before she was thin again and too ill to use the wheel.

Yeah, I agree with Cyril above, powerfully written efficiently evoking Keira... ahem Evelyn's distress. She's clearly been through a lot and I just want what's best for her. The repetition of "fat" makes us feel the thought echoing through her head.

Now, don't mind me, I'm just going to the Google Play store to download Robin Hood 3: The King of Arrows. It sounds wonderfully terrible. 

On 2/21/2019 at 9:51 AM, >_< 0_0 said:

Nah, it's Alan Rickman.

He died at the end of the first one and inexplicably returned at the end of the sequel as a good guy now to help them fight the zombie viking fish people or something.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, CyrilFiggus said:

Oof...this poor, poor woman.  Fingers crossed that she manages to silence this voice by the third part--as delightful as it is to imagine her so big and fat, my heart is breaking for this nervous wreck.

On 2/21/2019 at 2:03 AM, swahilimonkfish said:

Yeah, I agree with Cyril above, powerfully written efficiently evoking Keira... ahem Evelyn's distress. She's clearly been through a lot and I just want what's best for her. The repetition of "fat" makes us feel the thought echoing through her head.

Now, don't mind me, I'm just going to the Google Play store to download Robin Hood 3: The King of Arrows. It sounds wonderfully terrible. 

I wanted it to play as a twilight zone episode without rod sterling.

Might have part 3/3 done tonight and the epilogue on sunday perhaps.

Pt 3: Home Cooked

The editing suite was what Evelyn’s freshly resurgent self hatred would call ‘a fat trap.’ There were always a lot of snacks at hand, there were a lot of take out restaurants ranging the full range of trends and ethnicities within a few minutes drive and the office manager brought in a large box of doughnuts every day. The thinnest employee was freshly chubby and the most senior were all veterans of the above 30 BMI range. Even Evie, famously waifish had found herself gaining fifteen pounds without noticing.

Sitting in an office chair, discussing which cut of the final scene to use, Evie could see why she’d gained that weight: she’d picked up a grazer’s bad habits. She ate a small amount constantly, adding calorie after calorie but never getting full.

During the past weeks, she’d gotten up before five am, eaten her usual breakfast at home, oatmeal with brown sugar and milk, and driven into the studio where a pink, sprinkled doughnut with her name on it and a cup of coffee with two sugars and cream waited for her at 6 am. There’d been another doughnut at 7:30 with another coffee. At eight the intern would make a Starbucks run and she’d get a coffee that was essentially a milkshake. Maybe a small bag of chips from the vending machine at 9 am. Another coffee and splitting the last doughnut with the intern, a chubby girl about to burst out of a size ten, at 11 am. Some sort of take out at noon. Another bag of chips at one. Maybe a left over piece of pizza at two thirty before leaving at four for home. In the last four weeks, when the deadline began looming, she’d started working until seven, eating take out at the office. In the last two, desperate to get things done, Evelyn had been working until eleven o’clock and stumbling home at midnight due.

Watching the various editing staff eat like she’d eaten, Evie was grateful to her metabolism. Even in her near mid thirties it was holding up strong enough for her only to have put on fifteen pounds from a constant stream of junk punctuated with General tso chicken and crab Rangoon or a steak burrito with chips and salsa. What she did wonder though was how fat Evie, a glutton whose typical midday meal had left thin Evie in near medical distress, had somehow lost weight here.

‘I’m going to the break room, want anything Evie?’ Hannah, the bubbly intern who’d helped engineer the director’s entrance to the 130s asked.

Hannah was blonde and tan and a few years ago had probably been thin. She’d said she’d played volley ball or something at college. At the moment her button up shirt showed a two inch gap of jiggly belly, marks on her belt showed where holes had been abandoned and her size ten jeans were frayed where the thighs rubbed together. This was the fourth time she’d gone to the break room since Evie had gotten in and the fourth time she’d asked the director if she wanted anything. Usually Evelyn never said no, as she was always just a little hungry but now...

‘No I’m good, I had a huge lunch after my doctor’ appointment,’ the actress told her again, ‘I couldn’t eat another bite after that.’

That wasn’t quite true anymore. It had been several hours after all since she’d eaten and despite the new padding, that everyone had to be thinking of that voice reminded, Evelyn’s metabolism had disposed of most of the meal. Her stomach had descended from agony to mild discomfort to normal to unbelievably by four pm, at a state of ‘Not hungry but I could eat’.

‘How about a star bucks run?’ The chubby intern asked, eager to please, ‘and are you sure you don’t want anything? I brought in an extra box of donuts and they have your favorite kind of cake donut if you wanna split it…’

‘Just...sure,’ the stuffed Director sighed, ‘just give me a regular coffee and a donut.’

Hannah smiled, chubby cheeks showing deep dimples, and left the room, big booty bouncing right and left. Evie watched her go for a moment while the computer techs got the new final scene put together and her inner voice told her how weak willed she was, how everyone had to be exclaiming what a piglet she’d become. A math problem came unbidden to her mind and while Evie had been too busy acting to do college, she’d have been an accountant if she hadn’t been blessed with a peach and cream complexion, a slim body and big hazel eyes.

Thin Evelyn had started at 119 lbs and was now slightly less thin Evelyn at 134 lbs after, not counting Sunday's, forty seven days. This was a rate of 1 pound every three ish days, call it three for evenness sake. How long until Thin Evelyn and fat Evelyn were the same?

Three sixty eight minus one hundred thirty was two hundred thirty eight. Thirty days a month meant ten pounds a month. Two hundred and thirty eight divided by ten was...twenty three point eight months.

Willowy, slender, strikingly skinny, famously Thin Evelyn was on her current trajectory, separated from elephantine, waddling, humanoid beach ball,  one of those turbos with their face blurred out on the news Fat Evelyn by a little less than two years. And fat Evelyn, if what the hallucination/dream Google search had said, had taken almost five years to get that big.

Fat, fat, fat, fat, the inner voice yelled. You’re going to get so fat fat fat fat fat fat fat. They’re all looking at how your hoody rests on your gut and our saggy tits, how your thighs are about to rip through your leggings and how your ass is eating your underwear fatty. Fat fat fatfatfat.

‘What do you think?’ One of the techs asked as the scene, which had begun during her mental diatribe, ended.

‘Um sorry I…,’ Evelyn began but suddenly had the full memory of the scene appear in her mind, ‘I play it again, I want to make sure of it.’

The clip replayed and Evie watched, bringing her hand up to her chin and noticing as she did that there were three of them rather than the one usual firm one and the second one the hateful voice insisted was coming in. Evie was a little surprised to be obese again, far less than her panicked reaction that morning or the sudden addition of two hundred and forty pounds of blubber would warrant, but mostly because she’d been thin for the last four hours (As far as she knew at least).

After Fat Evelyn had driven to the pharmacy, where thin Evelyn walked in to buy pepto and on the way to the cashier Fat Evelyn added two king sized snickers, eaten both on the way to the car and then carefully plugged her flabby immensity into the seat, only hitting the horn four times or so. However, after buckling her seat belt over her apron rolls, thin Evelyn had been in command the entire time, from the drive into the studio building, up the sevenfloors in the elevator and into the computer chair she'd occupied all afternoon. As far as she knew, she'd been svelte the whole time, as well as nauseous, anxious, self hating and distracted.

“Stop there, slow it down,” Evelyn said, pointing with a tubby finger at a slightly slimmer tech, “no, throw that cut out. Bring up, oh, take twelve-a.”

Fat Evelyn kept giving orders, with laser like focus. She didn't notice as Hannah came in, bearing only a filled reusable water bottle and missing twenty pounds. Despite outweighing the fattest person by a hundred pounds, Evie didn't fret over being thought fat once.

Of course she was fat, Evie thought as a new clip was loaded up, why would she worry about getting fat? No one had called her thin for years and she'd just got bigger and bigger since. She had no desire to eat now either, she could gorge later, now she had a job to do.

And in thirty minutes, free of distractions, Fat Evie did more than thin Evie had in three days.

“We're wrapped,” Evie said confidently as the credits began, “send it to the studio and tell them to get an Oscar campaign ready.”

“Don't you want to watch it?” Hannah asked, taking a sip of water.

“No, we're good,” Evelyn asked, trying to extricate her muscle free bulk from the chair, “I'm sure of it.”

“Really?” The chubby intern asked after she put down her soda.

“Well…,” Evie began, standing up easily and putting her fingers to her singular chin, “I'll stay and check it, I'd hate to make a mistake. You guys head out, you earned it.”

After congratulations were given, the rest of the team filed out. Evie paced as the credits played, taping her teeth with her nails. Was this right? Should she wait for a day she was perhaps not hallucinating to send in her first film?

Her stomach churned and without thinking she paced nervously out of the main studio and ate a donut left in the break room to settle it, like the tubbo her mind said she was...she was absolutely certain that her leggings were painfully snug, were fraying where her beefy legs rubbed together, we're stretched tight over a swelling, sagging mom butt, increasingly sloppy thighs and a chubby paunch…she hurried to the restroom, was she out of breath from just that?. Splashing cold water into her face, she looked in the mirror, peering at her face, certain she was seeing a double chin prominently beneath her softened face, that her breasts were drooping and a meaty fat roll was pushing up her waist band. Evie peeled back her hoody, running her hand over her stomach which she was certain was starting to hang out over her waist band, no mere invisible extra inch but a thick handful of disgusting goop formed by her own laziness and gluttony.

She was fat.

Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat. Fat.fatfatafatfatfatafatfat. FAT.

Evie took a breath, meaning it to be deep but finding it still calming despite the shallowness. In the mirror she was morbidly obese to the point the creamy tide of her gut was pressed into the sink and her creased hips were pressed into the side of the stall. Fat Evelyn didn’t try and hide herself with a jacket, she was just wearing a t-shirt. In between her hefty MILF cleavage she saw a twinkle of metal and realized it was a thin silver chain, pulling it out revealed her wedding ring, still on her but too small for her beefy fingers.

‘So what?’ Evelyn said to her reflection, ‘So what if you’re fat? You can be successful if you’re fat. You can be professional if you’re fat. You can be happy if you’re fat. Loved if you’re fat. What downside is there to getting a little heavier?’

Evelyn sighed and lumbered back through the hallways, glad that they were empty. Going to the man editing computer, she carefully tried to place her hips into the chair and abandoned that as a waste of time. Standing, ignoring the pain in her knees, she paused the still running film, attached it to an email and sent it in. Turning off the lights, she waddled heavily out of the office, locking the door behind her and whistling happily as she texted her husband about the completed film and asking him to please see if his parents were up for sitting duties as she had some after dinner plans…

‘I just asked my husband for fat sex,’ she said to herself, wondering how he’d take Fat Evie asking that.

Pretty well, judging by the response.

‘Is there any sort of real downside to being this big?’ The actress smiled, stuffing her phone into her bra, which she realized she was wearing.

Thin Evelyn had never needed one, but Fat Evelyn’s rather

The whistle stopped as she reached the elevator, on which a prominent sign hung: “Out of Order. Please use the stairs.”

“Okay, this is the down side,’ Evie said, walking with a little trepidation towards the stairwell, stomach pressing against the tops of her thighs and the cold door handle burning her puffy hand like ice.

It was seven flights to the bottom, which didn’t seem that high until you had to crane over your own stomach to see floor. Paling, the absurdly out of shape woman approached the top stair. The closer she got, the less she could see until it was just the floppy shelf of her heavy belly. Carefully, afraid of what a fall at the size could do, Evie took one careful step down.

‘And a few hundred to go, you can do this,’ Evie told herself, ‘it’s just stairs after all.’

Evelyn was starting to already sweat from fear and exertion when her chubby foot slipped on the last step from the first landing, unable to see that the stairs had ended due to the sprawl of her own body. Thin Evelyn may not have been a gymnast, but Fat Evelyn’s balance was precarious at the best of times and she fell backwards. She landed on her ass with a painful thud, unthinkingly putting back her left wrist to break her fall and catching the railing with her right, an action that seemed to pull the weak muscles of her shoulder apart.

‘Shiiitttt,’ she hissed, wincing in agony and wondering if anything was broken.

Her left wrist twinged and her shoulder hurt, they were at least sprained, and while the blubbery padding of her ass had blocked some damage there would surely be a bruise. Evie waited for a moment, hoping against hope she’d find herself lean again to the point where stairs weren’t an issue. God, even she really was as chubby as she’d been foolishly thinking, being a little plump wasn’t so bad compared to this when it came to physical movement.

Fat Evie she realized as she tried to get up had some significant issues with physical fitness. It wasn’t just that she was fat, she was incredibly out of shape, her muscles were pathetic despite heaving her own weight around all day. She had to be incredibly lazy for the act of getting to her own feet to be so damnably hard, even for as fat as she was it shoudln’t be as difficult as her own trembling limbs made it.

Sweat pouring off her face, heart hammering and hands gripping the rail for dear life, Evie continued down the stairs. Although there were close calls she didn’t trip again, but at the end she was panting with exhaustion and covered with sweat, with vast dark circles forming under her arm pits. Before her knees and ankles had ached, but now they screamed and screamed worse when she got out of the building and had to hobble to her car. Fat Evie was so out of shape that what was an annoyance to thin Evie was a traumatic event. At the end of the death march across the short parking lot on a temperate spring day, Evie felt ready to die. She fumbled for her keys with shaking hands, was horrified to find a disabled mirror hanger in her purse, and pulled them out with slender fingers.

The slightly former starlet looked down, finding herself slim, if breathing a little hard  and a little sweaty. Although slender, she was still pretty sedentary anymore which needed to change she realized. Being completely out of shape wasn’t fun, even if she had to remember to look for the little bulge at her belly, if it was even there. Her inner voice yelled ‘Fat’ with every exhalation as her slightly puffy stomach bit into her leggings, but it was easier to ignore given what had just transpired.

‘Okay, being thin does have some advantages too,’ she admitted as she slipped into the car.

The drive home was uneventful, apart from near tripling in weight between stop lights. Fat Evelyn was still sweaty and panting twenty minutes after her adventure and when she pulled into her garage she needed to wait a bit until she’d cooled off to attempt to heave herself out of the car. Her muscles tried once, getting one loud honk out of the car horn from her basketball shaped hip, before they gave up completely.

Evie sat there for a moment, contemplating the fact that a few flights of stairs had rendered her essentially immobile. Deep, deep beneath the suffocating layers of fat cells, her frighteningly atrophied muscles trembled in complete exhaustion. A few tingling cramps ran across her thigh muscles and abdominals, while her shoulders spasmed in agony from trying to hold up far too much weight.

‘How out of shape am I?’ Evelyn asked herself, putting her hands across her gut and picking it up, marveling at how heavy it was.

Apart from her brief bout with anorexia, Evie hadn’t ever really worked out. Although not lazy, she liked going on walks, sometimes hikes or bike rides, she’d done nothing designed purely to burn calories for years at this point.  Her miraculous metabolism had kept her skinny.

Well, had kept her skinny, Evie reflected as she stroked the pudding soft spare truck tire where her abs used to be.

At thirty four she was at last starting to pad out, to soften up with middle age spread after spending too long sitting on her butt sucking up pastries and mocha lattes. Maybe a sudden adoption of more healthy habits could reverse that or perhaps she was doomed to continued inflation, leaving behind her maiden’s body as she fully became an increasingly fat matron. This was not counting on how she now suddenly seemed to be switching back and forth between slightly softer and frighteningly overweight at the flip of a coin either.

What if the fat stuck? She’d been too tired to keep track of how often she was getting fat or for how long each burst of obesity lasted. What if it was getting longer each time and happening more frequently? Could she be stuck like this?

‘Well, I’m a more confident director, I don’t torture myself mentally over my weight and I’m still married,’ Evie sighed to herself, fingers tracing her fist deep belly button, ‘but then again my blood pressure is high, I’m pre diabetic and I can’t do things like walk down the stairs.’

Was this insanity? A sleep deprived hallucination or the return of her eating disorder strengthened by some sort of late onset mental illness? If so, the hallucination was convincing and strangely able to make her imagine googel searches as well. A clumsy fumble of her hands brought up her phone and google, showing that her weight gain had been the buzz of several tabloids a few years ago.

Pencil thin Evie Stone had gotten pretty big while pregnant and that had drawn tabloid stories and papparazzi parasites. Thin Evie had said she wasnt concerned with losing her mommy weight, but she’d only gained about thirty pounds and it had just gradually fell away with walks and nursing. But Fat Evie though, having got much heavier than hollywood would accept had tried to slim down and failed, hard by the pictures of her looking hefty and exhausted with a personal trainer trying to coax her to continue. She hadn’t been able to shed the weight, some failure of will and metabolism preventing her.

So she’d stopped trying. Fat Evie had given up on any sort of physical activity and adopted enormous meals of pure junk to sate herself. Instead of acting, after one roll that called for a heavy set woman had proved it was unsatisfying to Evie and to directors that skinny Evie wasn’t coming back, Evie had moved to directing herself. She’d been good at it and unfortunately quite good at accepting she was fat too, instead of trying to do anything to at least adapt to her new weight.

‘How do I know this?’ Evelyn asked herself, putting away the phone, ‘that’s...not something from the pictures…’

Had Evelyn been fat this entire time? Had she been denying to herself that she was obese, mentally translating every conversation and interaction into ones where she was still tiny, until her psyche had reached some sort of breaking point? Was the obese her the ‘real’ Evelyn while the thin one was a hallucination drawn taught by a growing waistline? It didn’t seem likely, she remembered doing things like riding bikes or pushing a stroller, things the obese her could never do.

Was it some sort of science fiction alternate universe? Was there a world whose sole difference was that Evelyn Stone had gotten obese out there? And was this long satisfied with enormity Evelyn finding herself disturbingly skinny again for hours at a time, living out the life of an Evie who’d been able to keep acting and going up stairs for years longer by a quirk of genetics?

‘Fat me or skinny me,’ Evelyn sighed, ‘which one is real?’

She got out of the car, her again slinky body not having the weakness or soreness of her obese self. Padding into the house, Evie found a rather charming note from her husband about how he’d cook dinner when they returned, but that for now she should focus on resting and getting ready for a romantic evening. Smiling, Evelyn went upstairs, the last few steps difficult due to her knees howling beneath her heaviness for just a moment. But then it faded away immediately.

Or was it the majority of the steps being easy instead that faded away?

Still coated with sweat, Evie managed to get into the bathroom despite the narrowness of the door. Deciding the shower wasn’t a good bet for her sore legs, the mammoth woman stripped and viewed the pale enormity of her body in the mirror. Everything bulged and rolled and sagged, her body had run out of places to put her fat quite a while ago and everything was just piling up now.

Well, what did she expect eating like that for years and not exercising? Her husband had jovially teased her that those pregnancy pounds might stay on and they had, no thanks to him, and brought hundreds of friends along.

Still today was a wake up call. Her old body might be gone forever more, no matter what the strange dreams she’d had today had said, but for her own good she needed to get back into some sort of shape. It would be unpleasant, but she needed to buckle down and try to get under three hundred pounds again and stay there. There’d be less frequent binges and more, ugh, walking but it would be more than worth it. Slimness was pointless, she hadn’t been any happier skinny really, but she couldn’t let herself go on being completely out of shape.

Evelyn sighed and ran a hand under her moderately puffy stomach, still over full from all of today’s indulging, the usually flat plane now bulging a bit in the mirror. There’d been a few changes to her familiar body; no longer was her body fat so low she had rather unearned abs, her stomach was a little more sloped, a little wider and just a little bit squishy below the navel. Some of her ribs were gone and none of them were prominent anymore beneath her slightly softer skin. Her arms were a little bit softer, just slightly jiggly instead of stick thin. Her legs remained slim and graceful, but her hips were rounder, her thighs a little plumper and her knees not quite so knobby. Her ass had always been a little bit round, but now there was a fullness usually only gotten by wearing heels.

Most gratifying, her always small A cups had gotten a brief burst of growth, slightly filling her hands. She was sure that if she’d turned up like this a few years ago there’d have been tabloids about her weight gain.

‘Could be a lot worse,’ Evelyn sighed, thinking of her bizarre visions today and the horrible thoughts that had hammered her.

Still today was a wake up call. Her issues with food weren’t buried as deeply as she’d thought it to have been if it had thought up those hallucinations. If her mind was harassing her over a little fat on her belly, but shut up when she got too big... well, she knew how to make it quiet then, didn’t she? But at the same time, she couldn’t let herself get completely out of shape. Food and fitness, mental and physical health had to be managed in balance.

‘Still, it did feel good to feel that full when I was ‘Fat Evelyn’,’ she smiled at herself, ‘maybe with something less greasy...and not being alone.’

….

When she was done bathing and had managed to get out of the tub designed just for people of size, Evie had heard her husband cooking down stairs. That brought a smile to her face, it had been too long since they’d had time for sex and at no point in her slow transformation from twiggy starlet to obese director had he stopped looking at her with love and he did like to make her happy. She’d repay him for that tonight…

Once she’d managed to get a towel most of the way around herself, Evie waddled to the bed room and fumbled into the closet, ignoring the pile at the back of long overgrown clothes that needed donating. She got into a newer dress, one brought for this movie’s premier. It had been bought a  size larger, as Evie was aware of her propensity to gain weight while shooting, but she’d been disciplined enough this shoot that it was actually very loose. Almost too loose.

That was good she thought, she’d worked up an appetite today and wanted to try those exercises her doctor had been badgering her about for years tomorrow...after some exercises tonight.

….

After getting out of the shower, Evie heard her husband cooking down stairs. That brought a smile to her face, he liked to try and pamper her. And Evelyn was in a mood to both let him and reward him for it. It had been too long since they’d had sex and she had quite the appetite today.

Striding into her closet, Evie selected one of her favorites: a very tight and very short black number suited for very short cocktail parties. It had been a year or two since she’d worn it and the weight she’d gained, combined with the bloating made the zipper difficult to get up. Well, not difficult as much as impossible to pull up past her mid back.

Shrugging, she threw it into the laundry basket. Yes she’d put on a little weight, but not that much, and besides, the fuller hips looked kind of good on her. She instead selected some lingerie: lacy black panties and a nighty that hadn’t gotten nearly enough use of late. Also being from more than fifteen pounds ago, they squeezed tight at hip and chest and the slight slope of her belly pushed against the gauzy negligee.

Evelyn smiled at herself. She’d worked up an appetite today in more ways than one and had also gotten some ideas she wanted to try. If eating alone had felt so good, what would it be like to be fed?

Magnificent work once more, really dug and delved into her psychology with surgical precision. And a wonderful beginning, middle and end structure. After so many of your stories being practically novels, I'm in awe with the way that you concluded this shorter story so comprehensively. A real mastery of control and command over your medium. You are a god amongst mortals! Well done!

22 hours ago, CyrilFiggus2 said:

Mmm...that was a delightful ending (barring the epilogue, of course)!  I'm so happy that Evelyn managed to not only come to grips with her delusions, but that she was able to come away with something positive from them.  Great stuff!

Yeah I wanted a happy ending.

18 hours ago, swahilimonkfish said:

Magnificent work once more, really dug and delved into her psychology with surgical precision. And a wonderful beginning, middle and end structure. After so many of your stories being practically novels, I'm in awe with the way that you concluded this shorter story so comprehensively. A real mastery of control and command over your medium. You are a god amongst mortals! Well done!

you're too kind. Thank you. It was easy having a goal in mind at least. It had few characters and didn't require a long build up, which helped. Apparently its easier to do one person's thoughts over a day than balance half the heroines in DC.

Epilogue: Two Years Later.

Evie hated mixing business and pleasure but unfortunately today she'd had an idea that was too good to let fade away.

'So there's this actress and she's at the doctors office,' Evie spoke into her phone's text to speech on a google doc, 'she's really slim and you look at her and realize that you know her. She's been in so many movies over the past few years, although its been a bit since she's been in a big movie. You'd thought that maybe she'd have put on a few pounds. But she's still so skinny, she's always been skinny.'

The director, now universally known as a highly talented one, looked down for a note book. Planning on jotting down the name of several starlets she knew that would be perfect for the role, she lurched for the corner of the book sticking from her purse and several rolls of her own formed over her bikini edge while her full, more than a little saggy chest bounced inside her slightly overloaded bikini top. After making sure she hadn't fallen out again, a going concern anymore, Evie wrote down a few names and began narrating again.

'And for a few frames she's four hundred pounds,' Evelyn said, putting aside the notebook and bending over to get a beer from the cooler, 'you don't notice it, but the brain is like 'wait...what did i just see?'

Evie's fingers couldn't quite reach the cooler. She rolled up to her feet, rather easily given how strong her legs were. Since that odd day years ago the famously exercise avoidant woman had started daily runs, calisthinics and hand weights, in terms of how much she could lift or how far she could run she'd never been in better health. Anorexic Evelyn would have been jealous of her strength and fitness.

Bending over brought a sharp tug from her bikini bottoms as her overfull cheeks pushed by the stretched size 12 panties. She heard a small rip and sighed briefly while she picked up her beer, popped the top and let her own fall to the ground as well. It was a private beach that allowed nudity and she didn't have anything to be afraid of.

Even though she was physically fit, a very good relationship with food had covered her muscles with a thick layer of fat that could easily be mistaken for being fat. And granted, with her thick thighs, a plump belly, big matron hips and modest, if low hanging breasts, Evie technically was fat. She'd spoken out about the advantages of body positivity and wouldn't allow weight clauses to be put into contracts for film's she'd made, but had made her slow, steady gain level off at 170 lbs a year ago. Clearly overweight but not unhealthy by any means, her weight was well under control and Evie was completely happy with herself.

Although a really nice microbrewery at her chosen vacation spot had made every piece of clothing she'd brought along with her ready to burst apart at the seams. This wasn't the first bikini that had torn itself free and none of her jeans could currently be pulled over her thighs.

'Eah, the pounds were fun to gain,' she giggled softly, turning to her phone, 'Anyway. The doctor says that she's gained a few pounds and when she steps off the table she's suddenly enormous in an eye blink and stays that way during the rest of the conversation, where the doctor tells her she's obese and really unhealthy despite being thin for years. I'll add in the rest of the idea later.'

Evie dropped her phone into her purse and started spreading sunscreen onto her now exposed chest and bum. Hard effort had burned off hundreds of pounds during the past two years, finally putting her blood pressure and glucose levels back into the healthy or almost healthy range. She still had thick thighs, a plump belly, big matron hips and modest, if low hanging breasts, but her weight had stabilized at a 170 lbs. Clearly overweight but not unhealthy by any means, her weight was well under control and Evie was completely happy with herself.

Although a really nice microbrewery at her chosen vacation spot had made every piece of clothing she'd brought along with her ready to burst apart at the seams. This wasn't the first bikini that had torn itself free and none of her jeans could currently be pulled over her thighs.

'Eah, the pounds were fun to regain,' she giggled softly, 'Anyway. The doctor says that she's gained a few pounds and when she steps off the table she's suddenly incredibly skinny in an eye blink and stays that way during the rest of the conversation, where the doctor tells her she's slim and healthy, despite being fat for years. I'll ad in the rest of the idea later.'

Evie put her phone back into the purse and walked happily out of the beach umbrella and into the warm sunlight. Her body jiggled slightly with every step and she jumped onto her husband's back where he was playing int he surf. As she was kissed, she decided that the extra weight she'd put on recently wasn't going anywhere.

11 minutes ago, CyrilFiggus2 said:

Now that's what I call a happy ending!  Looks like there's some repeated material in the last few paragraphs though--might want to take a look and see what should stay or go.

Its intentional, but there's slight differences. One perspective is Thin!Evie being happy at her new weight and the other is Fat!Evie being happy at her new weight. Both are now at the same size and mindset.

9 hours ago, Batman76 said:

Its intentional, but there's slight differences. One perspective is Thin!Evie being happy at her new weight and the other is Fat!Evie being happy at her new weight. Both are now at the same size and mindset.

Gotcha!  Just goes to show my reading comprehension. >_<