Rebel Wilson

Honeyrider

Guest pangzi

The Rebel Wilson we know is actually an elaborate, embellished image crafted by Melanie Bownds.  A lot of what she says about her past and person is exaggerated or fictional.  I'm not personally bothered by this, but one should nevertheless take anything she says with a grain of salt.  Her comment about her joke sounds like a joke or amusing but mostly fictional story.  Look at her past photos and you'll see that while she has indeed gained a little weight, it's hardly dramatic, and she was pretty chubby even as a girl.

79955cdad8212100711945994e3d8599.jpg

6c8c2d206b400ac7330f2b3ef2852ac7.jpg

About the only stock I put in this was maybe she was a yo yo dieter and.        decided to stop worrying about her weight because Hollywood sees fat     people as more humorous then big boned/chubby ones etc 

• 2 weeks later...
On July 6, 2016 at 2:56 PM, Joel119 said:

About the only stock I put in this was maybe she was a yo yo dieter and.        decided to stop worrying about her weight because Hollywood sees fat     people as more humorous then big boned/chubby ones etc 

I think this is pretty close to the truth. Before she became famous in the US, she was a spokesperson for Jenny Craig in Australia. But then the producers of Pitch Perfect stipulated in her contract that she couldn't lose any more weight because her character was supposed to be fat. She then dropped her contract with Jenny Craig and has seemed to embrace the idea that her size is marketable for comedic characters. 

To provide come content, here is a video of Rebel wielding a set of nunchucks in a recent interview.

12 minutes ago, adecourv said:

I don't think I'm quoting this correctly, but I'm reminded of something Jack Donaghy once said "On TV, a woman's gotta be either 300 pounds or 150, there's no middle ground."

Do you think Rebel is 300+?

if I recall, when she broke her Jenny Craig contract, she claimed to be in the low 200s, with a stated goal of 180. But unless they put their spokespeople on scales Biggest Loser style, I don't know how much you can believe them, since they have a marketing reason to exaggerate any loss their spokespeople might have. 

6 hours ago, bluetech said:

Do you think Rebel is 300+?

if I recall, when she broke her Jenny Craig contract, she claimed to be in the low 200s, with a stated goal of 180. But unless they put their spokespeople on scales Biggest Loser style, I don't know how much you can believe them, since they have a marketing reason to exaggerate any loss their spokespeople might have. 

I don't think she weighs that much - I just thought the joke was relevant to the topic since TV only seems to approve of rail thin models and wild, fat women.

10 minutes ago, adecourv said:

I don't think she weighs that much - I just thought the joke was relevant to the topic since TV only seems to approve of rail thin models and wild, fat women.

Ah, that makes sense. That Rebel knew she would never be truly skinny, so it would be better for her career to stay fat. 

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

She is underrated around these parts, and she seems to get better and better, even if she has lost a little.

Yeah, I'm pretty surprised that one of the few legit chubby celebrities doesn't get talked about more often. She's really cute too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Avataг unlocked this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...