Brazilian Plus-Size Models

litmus

16 hours ago, DanishFan87 said:

So here is another commercial for Beleza GG, and holy smokes my jaw dropped  at that half a second clip of Mayara in the orange bikini after a few seconds of the commercial, thats a fat plus size model right there.

dang, can someone screenshot that part when she is in the orange bikini

So here is 2 articles about the Beleza GG show, one has 2 videos in it, one we have seen and a new one where we se some new angles of Mayara in that orange bikini

https://juromano.com/entretenimento/beleza-gg-novo-reality-show-fala-sobre-vida-de-modelo-plus-size-no-canal-e

And then this article where I also have posted pictures from that, and holy smokes, I don´t know what and how much Mayara is eating, but she is doing it well.

https://freakmarket.com.br/revista/moda/feira-pop-plus-liberta-corpos-e-mentes-de-estereotipos

DSC_0287.JPG

af795134cb.jpg

2 hours ago, thadrou90 said:

If it makes sense I might reboot the old Mayara thread. It's nice to have one place where I know I can find all this content.

I´ll be honest, I would have put all these Mayara posts in there if I could, but I can´t, for me there is a weird glitch where the submit button has vanished and old liinks to Instagram posts keep on appearing when trying to write a post there.

I guess I´ll try and see if the glitch is fixed.

Edit: Nope the glitch is still there with no submit button, so I have to post in this thread instead for Mayara content.

1 hour ago, aceofblades said:

Wow , thanks for these pictures! Looking at them, I wonder if Mayara was underestimating her weight recently when she said she was 260 lbs

You might be right about that, also your theory reminds me so much of a specfic Curvy Girls episode with Rosie Mercado, where she was at a gym to work out and lose some weight, but first she was weighed.

The gym coach asked her what her weight was, and Rosie said about 315 lbs, she stepped on the scale and it read 340 lbs.

• 3 weeks later...

We are getting close to the premiere time, under 24 hours.

And here is another promo photo and also a google translated section from 2 of a bunch of articles that came out today but said mostly the same stuff, anyway basic info is that Beleza GG will be 10 episosdes of about 30 minutes, the 2 qoutes say about the same stuff, just with different nuances, so you can judge what they mean by it.

"During the season, Fluvia battle to increase its recognition in Brazil and also make the plus size market be taken seriously on its own. After the success in the United States and Europe, the reality brings backstage of the first participation of the muse in SPFW. The saga of Mayara Russi during the episodes counts on the difficulties to obtain a contract with an international agency and to increase its relevance as a model, at the same time that it fights with the use of mannequin 50 (size 50 EU and Brazilian size I believe), considered non-standard for the market in which it acts . Denise Gimenez, who debuted the segment in Brazil and is twice winner of the Miss Brasil Plus Size, deals with a significant weight loss, feels that her career is in decline and tries to reinvent herself at age 37"

From https://www.odiariocarioca.com/noticia-2018-10-02-canal-e-anuncia-beleza-gg-serie-sobre-modelos-plus-size-brasileiras-9631308.carioca.html

"Gimenez, who has a career of 15 years , faces problems with weight, considered below expectations for a plus size model. Russi is the sole mother of a girl and a boy and will need to change her measures a bit to fit the international market. Fluvia, on the other hand, already lives in the United States and is reconciling his career abroad with his career in Brazil. 

"In this time of my career, I learned that the most important part is to give something positive to people. I see how many women have freed themselves because of my work and I see that I'm on the right track," says Russi, who is currently an advertising girl"

From https://f5.folha.uol.com.br/televisao/2018/10/beleza-gg-nova-serie-do-e-mostra-rotina-de-tres-modelos-plus-size-e-bastidores-do-mercado.shtml

So it seems that one of the main focuses for Mayara in the show is to be a size 50 model, which I´m thinking she is not, historically she´s only been a size 50 when she is around or under 100 kg/ 220 lbs, so judgeing by what she said about her weight a few weeks ago and also how she´s looking now, I don´t think she made the cut of what the "international market" wanted. 

15384997845bb3a4c84e048_1538499784_3x2_md.jpg

So its here, the 1st episode of Beleza GG and apparently the E channel posted it on their facebook page.

I know I have been raving about Mayara for the longest time and she is hot as hell, but so is Fluvia Lacerda, geez them hips.

The episode starts about 1 minutes into the video.

I don´t know portuguese so I have no idea of what they are talking about.

So if we have any portuguese speaking folks in the curvage building and also watching the episode, what are they talking about in general, like why did Mayara leave the photoshoot? 

On 10/3/2018 at 3:43 AM, DanishFan87 said:

We are getting close to the premiere time, under 24 hours.

And here is another promo photo and also a google translated section from 2 of a bunch of articles that came out today but said mostly the same stuff, anyway basic info is that Beleza GG will be 10 episosdes of about 30 minutes, the 2 qoutes say about the same stuff, just with different nuances, so you can judge what they mean by it.

"During the season, Fluvia battle to increase its recognition in Brazil and also make the plus size market be taken seriously on its own. After the success in the United States and Europe, the reality brings backstage of the first participation of the muse in SPFW. The saga of Mayara Russi during the episodes counts on the difficulties to obtain a contract with an international agency and to increase its relevance as a model, at the same time that it fights with the use of mannequin 50 (size 50 EU and Brazilian size I believe), considered non-standard for the market in which it acts . Denise Gimenez, who debuted the segment in Brazil and is twice winner of the Miss Brasil Plus Size, deals with a significant weight loss, feels that her career is in decline and tries to reinvent herself at age 37"

From https://www.odiariocarioca.com/noticia-2018-10-02-canal-e-anuncia-beleza-gg-serie-sobre-modelos-plus-size-brasileiras-9631308.carioca.html

"Gimenez, who has a career of 15 years , faces problems with weight, considered below expectations for a plus size model. Russi is the sole mother of a girl and a boy and will need to change her measures a bit to fit the international market. Fluvia, on the other hand, already lives in the United States and is reconciling his career abroad with his career in Brazil. 

"In this time of my career, I learned that the most important part is to give something positive to people. I see how many women have freed themselves because of my work and I see that I'm on the right track," says Russi, who is currently an advertising girl"

From https://f5.folha.uol.com.br/televisao/2018/10/beleza-gg-nova-serie-do-e-mostra-rotina-de-tres-modelos-plus-size-e-bastidores-do-mercado.shtml

So it seems that one of the main focuses for Mayara in the show is to be a size 50 model, which I´m thinking she is not, historically she´s only been a size 50 when she is around or under 100 kg/ 220 lbs, so judgeing by what she said about her weight a few weeks ago and also how she´s looking now, I don´t think she made the cut of what the "international market" wanted. 

Mayara is cute and the biggest.

On 10/4/2018 at 4:05 AM, DanishFan87 said:

So its here, the 1st episode of Beleza GG and apparently the E channel posted it on their facebook page.

I know I have been raving about Mayara for the longest time and she is hot as hell, but so is Fluvia Lacerda, geez them hips.

The episode starts about 1 minutes into the video.

I don´t know portuguese so I have no idea of what they are talking about.

So if we have any portuguese speaking folks in the curvage building and also watching the episode, what are they talking about in general, like why did Mayara leave the photoshoot? 

Please post the next episodes.

On 04/10/2018 at 04:05, DanishFan87 said:

Então é aqui, o primeiro episódio de Beleza GG e aparentemente o canal E postou em sua página no facebook.

Eu sei que estou falando sobre Mayara há muito tempo e ela é gostosa pra caramba, mas Fluvia Lacerda também é, mas eles são lindos.

O episódio começa cerca de 1 minuto no vídeo.

Eu não sei português, então não tenho ideia do que eles estão falando.

Então, se temos pessoas que falam português no prédio da curvatura e também assistem ao episódio, sobre o que elas estão falando em geral, como por que Mayara deixou a sessão de fotos? 

She speaks on the phone with her mother. She says that she is single and has a daughter, her mother would seek her son at school, however, as Mayara's mother is not ill, she asks Mayara to seek her daughter in high school. Mayara then has to leave in the middle of the photo session to go get her daughter, which ends up generating a bad mood, because she still had many photos to do.