Brazilian Plus-Size Models

litmus

This post was intended for the Mayara Russi thread, but for some weird tecnical reason, I can´t post in there, the submit reply button is gone.

Anyways

So I just saw Mayara Russi´s Instagram story, apparently she was on the catwalk for Levi´s Brazil yesterday, looking freaking great in a pair of tight jeans.

But I can´t find an articles or photos or video´s of it on the internet, and I´ll admit, I don´t know how to download the video she posted in her Instagram story, the story will prolly expire in an hour or two.

• 1 month later...

I´m not sure why, but I still can´t post in the Mayara Russi thread,, so I´m posting it here instead, also if somebody feels the need to repost this over in the Mayara thread then go ahead.

Now I don´t know if its because Mayara is standing next to a thin woman, but in this very recent video Mayara is looking pretty massive and wide, both when looking from the front and from the side, and notice how big her upper arms are as well.

Altho Mayara is a guest here, it would be awesome if she could get her own cooking or baking show, then she wouldn´t have to worry about being too fat to be a plus size model.

1 hour ago, das Hirschlein said:

Apparently, she's gaining  all the weight back.

Yeah it really does seem like it, I was actually surprised by her size in the video, becuase her Instagram stuff suggested she was smaller than in that video.

Anyways it seems like its the big Mayarra Russi news day, Mayara along with Fluvia Lacerda and Denise Giminez are going to be part of a beauty reality show called "Beleza GG" which means something in the lines of "plus size beauty" or is it BBW Beauty? I´m not sure.

The show premieres in august 2018

Here is the article: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pvV1w5f1qVAJ:blogs.oglobo.globo.com/marina-caruso/post/reality-show-vai-mostrar-rotina-de-modelos-plus-size-sou-gorda-mesmo.html+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=dk

Also this qoute from Mayara has me a little confused cuz the google translation doesn´t really make any sense.

So what does "Não tem essa de gordinha, fofinha. Sou gorda mesmo"  mean to anyone who knows portuguese? 

I’m not a native Portuguese speaker, but my impression is that the show is going to be about their lives. In the first part of her quote, she’s talking about how people call her fat—no “nicer” words, like chubby. The second part, she’s talking about how plus size clothes used to be bags. Now it’s hot pants and things. That has made plus size modeling different than it used to be. 

So it seems like they are going to follow a “thin” plus size model, an average one (Fluvia), and a bigger one (Mayara). 

Now to plan that Brazilian business trip....

On 28/2/2018 at 4:39 PM, DanishFan87 said:

Yeah it really does seem like it, I was actually surprised by her size in the video, becuase her Instagram stuff suggested she was smaller than in that video.

Anyways it seems like its the big Mayarra Russi news day, Mayara along with Fluvia Lacerda and Denise Giminez are going to be part of a beauty reality show called "Beleza GG" which means something in the lines of "plus size beauty" or is it BBW Beauty? I´m not sure.

The show premieres in august 2018

Here is the article: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:pvV1w5f1qVAJ:blogs.oglobo.globo.com/marina-caruso/post/reality-show-vai-mostrar-rotina-de-modelos-plus-size-sou-gorda-mesmo.html+&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=dk

Also this qoute from Mayara has me a little confused cuz the google translation doesn´t really make any sense.

So what does "Não tem essa de gordinha, fofinha. Sou gorda mesmo"  mean to anyone who knows portuguese? 

'Beleza GG' is like 'XL beauty'. The quote means something like 'I'm not plump or curvy. I am fat, actually'.

4 hours ago, aceofblades said:

Thanks for this great video! I wonder what mayara is weighing nowadays. Maybe wishful thinking but she seems to be around the size of her second appearance on alem de peso

Oh yeah you´re thinking of her second stint there, I think she started that at around 135 kg/ 298 lbs and ended up around the 110 kg before being eliminated.

My guess is she´s around 122 kg/ 269 lbs now, last summer she said in an interview she was 112 kg/ 247 lbs, but she looks bigger in that video nowadays.

Anyway here are some photos from a shoot she recently did for Chicabolacha.

1FFAD573-CBCB-483C-A123-E767E1B95CA5-683x1024.jpeg

560EBE5E-9A08-4FC3-AA5F-8553F6945284-683x1024.jpeg

669CA405-FEB9-498B-9984-444DDCE1858A-683x1024.jpeg

4741D522-EA1C-4E35-B071-31706B0695DC-683x1024.jpeg

99587FF4-3803-41E5-8737-7C5EFB796ED5-683x1024.jpeg

A23B7AF9-7214-4CED-852D-F6EDEF673BF6-683x1024.jpeg

A749ADCC-3E41-4DB9-97EA-A293D5A08370-683x1024.jpeg

EE146CF3-9D72-4BD0-AAEA-999DC1382CFA-683x1024.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Its really awesome that Mayara just keeps getting steady gigs and jobs, even tho she ain´t getting any smaller.

There is a piece on Mayyara and 3 other models who wear above size 48 in Brazil (Mayara at this size is around 52-54)

In this link, a part of the cover story is being presented, but the magazine itself costs money which I ain´t buying.

In the Instagram post u see the cover of the magazine, and the photo in the bottom is from the cover story.

http://www.revistaprofashional.com.br/revista-profashional-materia-de-capa-114.html

materia-de-capa-114.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ronald

Hi,

I'm a Brazilian guy. Mayara Russi, four years ago, was in a lost weight show, like Biggest Loser called Além do Peso (In English, something like Excess Weight). ..In that show, she told  that she so much fatter (360 pounds) and lost some jobs in the plus size fashion industry (In general, in Brazil, plus size models weights around 200 to 250 pounds)...She lost around 155 pounds, and down to 205 pounds...since that she gains around 35 pounds..and she's now on 235-240 pounds...

It's so rare here in Brazil women up to 350 pounds..WLS is a routine for a major of fatties...For guys, like me  who likes fat and ssbbw girls it's very hard to find a women with confidence and very fat... ..

Guest trolo
1 hour ago, Ronald said:

Hi,

I'm a Brazilian guy. Mayara Russi, four years ago, was in a lost weight show, like Biggest Loser called Além do Peso (In English, something like Excess Weight). ..In that show, she told  that she so much fatter (360 pounds) and lost some jobs in the plus size fashion industry (In general, in Brazil, plus size models weights around 200 to 250 pounds)...She lost around 155 pounds, and down to 205 pounds...since that she gains around 35 pounds..and she's now on 235-240 pounds...

It's so rare here in Brazil women up to 350 pounds..WLS is a routine for a major of fatties...For guys, like me  who likes fat and ssbbw girls it's very hard to find a women with confidence and very fat... ..

At least you live in a country where many women got awesome booties :D

3 hours ago, Ronald said:

Hi,

Welcome Ronald and yeah Mayara´s has had an almost legendary weight fluctuation during the last 10 years of her career.

The points of Mayara´s weight history you are speaking of are also available on this site in the Mayara Russi thread, (I stopped posting in there because of a posting technicality).

By the way, would you be open to maybe translate or write some main points of themes in future videos where Mayara appears, for example when Mayara is part of a documentary on Brazilian TV in August of 2018? in the documentary they follow and focus on 3 plus size models where Mayara is the biggest of them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...