Lucy Collett (Page 3 Girl)

WJones

Vixen: When me and @monicamartini hang out, shoots like this happens. Be thankfully for Monica 💕 oh, and yes, that's a belly roll! That's what happens when people sit down 💕🤘🏼 #plussizeglamour #bellylove #plussizemodel#snapchat #monicamartini #theassembly#leamingtonspa #thechair #thechairtoendallchairs#thickthighs #thickthighssaveslives

21433516_520402181633585_6828477596632612864_n.jpg

Sure Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence are attractive and still get ridiculous hate, but there is something unnatural about their bodies, and they constantly take photos to make their waists look as small as possible.  Reading through the comments on that photo was depressing--super popular plus models are just making a whole other group of women feel inadequate, as a plus size standard perfect is created.

I'm personally glad Michelle Trachtenberg's followship/friendship with Ashley was short lived, as we see what negative feelings these images can stir up in Lucy.  Plus size 'perfect' body imagery might be more insidious now than standard rail thin model imagery.

6 hours ago, I Claudius said:

Sure Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence are attractive and still get ridiculous hate, but there is something unnatural about their bodies, and they constantly take photos to make their waists look as small as possible.  Reading through the comments on that photo was depressing--super popular plus models are just making a whole other group of women feel inadequate, as a plus size standard perfect is created.

I'm personally glad Michelle Trachtenberg's followship/friendship with Ashley was short lived, as we see what negative feelings these images can stir up in Lucy.  Plus size 'perfect' body imagery might be more insidious now than standard rail thin model imagery.

Yes, I always wonder how the term 'plus-size model' only applies for women with wide hips and a tiny waist. Of course, this is the 'ideal female form' but only a small minority of women can actually achieve this. This is why I prefer models like Carina Behrens who are hot af but have a belly as wide as their hips.

11 hours ago, I Claudius said:

You are absolutely correct.  As I have said elsewhere on this forum, I cannot stand Ashley Graham as a person - she is a complete and utter fraud.  She publicly extols the virtues of photoshop for her swimsuit shoots, she uses waist-trainers and shape-wear for her clothed shoots and in most of her public appearances, and she perpetuates the harmful stipulation that a "plus size" woman can only be attractive if she is photographed at a gym every other day.  However, she is happy to play the "body positivity" card whenever it comes time to sell her brand of swimwear.  She is putting herself out there as a role model for insecure young girls only to take advantage of their impressionability and take their money, all the while reinforcing the restrictive standards of beauty she purports to challenge.

I agree that the standards of the plus-size modelling industry are highly insidious.  Whenever I see models like Ashley Graham and Iskra Lawrence use the "plus is equal" hashtag, I cannot help but laugh and think of Orwell's Animal Farm - clearly, some plus models are more equal than others. 

9 hours ago, basil said:

Guys, your complaining about models being too attractive by standard views. "Plus sized" doesnt have to mean obese.

No, we are criticizing the disingenuous and fraudulent approach of Ashley Graham.

This has nothing to do with being attractive - for the record, I think Ashley Graham is gorgeous.  This is about impressionable women and girls being taken advantage of.

Guest Loki1933
21 minutes ago, Mike Rotch said:

No, we are criticizing the disingenuous and fraudulent approach of Ashley Graham.

This has nothing to do with being attractive - for the record, I think Ashley Graham is gorgeous.  This is about impressionable women and girls being taken advantage of.

btw dude well done on turning this thread into a repost of her instagram.............