Interesting Curvage Statistics

Guest MUSEic

Guest MUSEic

While I'm stuck home sick and bored, I started at looking at the curvage statistics and here's a few i found interesting:

Curvage 2.0 has 16776 users as of this post. I believe 1.0 at its height had somewhere around 35000? Not bad for a site that is closing in on only its first year of existence, while 1.0 had the collective comers and goers of almost a decades work. I'm curious how many users are just bot accounts, and how many were for 1.0 as well.

Currently, however, there are only 3499 users with a post or more (~21%). The top 1% of posters have 96 or more posts under there belt. There are only 9 posters with over 1000 posts (including that asshole, Stuffedbellyloverchris), and only 9 more with 500 or more posts.

Heart & Mind currently has the most posts, 8033, more than double our beloved Wilan, and more than the next 3 posters combined. He represents the top .0001%.

The total posts on this forum up to this point is 105,293, meaning that Heart & Mind owns approximately 8% of all the wealth posts on this forum. 2,521 (15% of) users own 99% of all the posts, which is in fact more equitable than the wealth distribution in the United States (no political commentary intended). I, by comparison, comprise 0.115% of all posts on curvage, now 0.117%, which is actually quite a bit more than I was expecting.

The oldest member of the forum, besides SuperJ of course (by 3 minutes) is Whatup, a user with no posts who is currently active today. In fact 560 users registered on the first day alone.

The most users online at one time was 1513, far more than I ever remember on 1.0, most likely due to the chat parties I believe.

Not sure what else could be dug up, but that's what I found anyways. I'm interested to see in what direction these numbers might go in the future.

Currently, however, there are only 3499 users with a post or more (~21%). The top 1% of posters have 96 or more posts under there belt. There are only 9 posters with over 1000 posts (including that asshole, Stuffedbellyloverchris), and only 9 more with 500 or more posts.

We are a lot of users, by only.. let's say, 300 are somehow memorable..

The total posts on this forum up to this point is 105,293, meaning that Heart & Mind owns approximately 8% of all the wealth posts on this forum.

Indeed.. and 20% of General Pictures  :o It's noticeable that the forum that's more posted in would be Your Pictures (Women) and not General Pictures, if i had never logged in to Curvage.

The most users online at one time was 1513, far more than I ever remember on 1.0, most likely due to the chat parties I believe.

This was very unexpected when i saw it a while back, i remember it being between 500 and 600 both in this Curvage and the previous one.

Also, you can see that the threads about our female posters are quite popular (Ayumi, Erica, Kaylee..) yet General Pictures Still has the biggest/most seen threads.

Male to female ratio stays 2,6:1 while i can see that 85% or so of the posters are men.

I imagine that the general pics are a bit more frequented due to the diversity and the aspec that in general, there is usually more of a photo feed for people to look at. Whereas in "your pictures" it's hard to say when any of us ladies will update with content. If only I could upload photos straight from my iPhone, I'd be posting some new content every week! Lol

But I'm glad someone took the time to do this as I was actually curious at our stats lol.

The Curvage crash of 2012 had cost me lots of PM's and not to mention my 25,000 posts. Only to be topped by Atlya ofcourse with a ridiculous 30,000 orso posts.

Since then I haven't looked at the stats anymore.

But I sure am glad that we have regained like half our members. And there should be more. I think active membercount on the old board was something like 12% (users with more than 0 posts).

We're improving, as a community ;)

I can't remember how many posts I had, but my old thread was 100 Pgs! I was sad about that considering the amount of photos I had put up. D:

30.000 posts?

Eaaaasy >:D (Yes, i do acknowledge this means no life :P)

Whenever you achieve this, I will make a sign for you on this accomplishment. Lol

Guest MUSEic

I'd also like to point out though, that this community spans probably a few dozen countries, but if you we're to pretend we were all from the US, a population of approximately 240 million over the age of 18, this community represents less than one hundredth of a percent of that population and that is inherently an overestimation.

Is the FA community, and all our lovely female counterparts, really that small? Obviously, there's more out there -- more forums, more sites, more people -- but how large do you think the true FA community is? They estimate that about 1% of the population is gay, what about FA? I think in addition to closeted or nonparticipating FAs, there's gotta be a pretty significant portion of the population with suppressed desires. After all, I haven't met a black guy who hasn't at least wanted to have a "thick" girl or a "big" girl.

Thoughts?

I think it really depends on what you would want to define as the FA population. Are you talking about the dedicated that have a fetish and or distinctly side with the FA population, or are you going to be more broad to include people who may have once slept with a larger girl? Or the ones who want to see what it would be like being with a larger girl? Plus, let's not forget about the FA's that are women that like chubby men too.

Guest MUSEic

Obviously I'm considering those who actively or passively side with the community, but I also mean people who may subconsciously entertain a preference for larger partners and/or weight gain, but simply dismiss it as a strange fantasy and not give it much else thought.

Also, I wouldn't quite consider someone who has merely slept with a big girl or considered it an FA in the same way I wouldn't yet label someone bi-curious as gay. Though I do find that the older my friends are (26-35) the more open they are to such a relationship, but that could also just be a result of caring less about what people think.

This is a great thread. Thank you for this.

I like how your analytical mind works.

To provide a bit of further insight I do collect more advanced Curvage statistics.

about ~9,000 of our 16K members visit the site daily.  In a month's time nearly all (but not all) 16K visit at least once. Here I have provided a world map of visits over the last week. 62K is the daily sum Unique visitors. thus 62K/7 = 8.8K AVG daily over a week. (or again about 9,000)

post-1-14513334775781_thumb.jpg

Guest Garneau

@superj707

Try adjusting that map for net users in countries to see whether FAs are overrepresented somewhere..

Guest MUSEic

Is there a way to find out the proportion of visits/members by country?

If not, how many responses do you think would be needed for a poll to get an accurate sample?

• 10 months later...
Guest MUSEic

Hello everyone. I would like to revisit this topic, see what's changed over the past year or so and see if we can answer a couple questions.

The more and more I participate in this community, and the more I explore outwards to satisfy my own "needs," the more it seems like there are in fact countless people who identify not only as Fat Admirers, but also as Feedists or people who admire/participate in specialized weight gain. Dissatisfied with the tumblr thread on this site, I created my own to follow original content creators only, more specifically, females gaining weight intentionally. Since Thursday, I have followed over 50 unique women, most of which I have never encountered before in the larger FA Internet community. Now, all these women are English speaking white, Anglo Saxons (sorry that's just what I happen to like) hailing from what I gather is the US, Canada, Australia, and the UK. Additionally, my teenage self would be astounded by the amount of unique original YouTube channels dedicated to similar content. Certainly this is a result of greater access to the Internet and to similar ideas, but what must be the prevalence of like minded people around the globe? In other words, how common is this "love of fat women," and more specifically, how common is this love of weight gain? I've always assumed that the visible community on the Internet is just the tip of the iceberg, but is it?

Anyways, a few related questions and notable statistics or facts that have come to mind:

There are now roughly 22000 member on curvage. Ignoring duplicate users, thats 0.0026% of the developed world with access to the Internet (based on Wikipedia numbers and assuming all FAs come from develope countries; a poor assumption, I know).

That's 2-3 FAs per 1000 people. This comes out to be just under 1 (0.8) for every 1000 people including developing countries. That's actually quite a bit. To put it in perspective, as a resident of raleigh, there would be 1100 FAs in my city. If you live in NYC, there are 22000 people just like you. In the state of New Jersey, 59000. For those searching, you're not as lonely as you think.

That being said, you're still 62 times more likely to meet someone with genital herpes, and for every 31 asthmatics you'll meet, you've only met 1 FA. Statistically speaking of course.

Now, here's what I'm really curious about, but is the weight gain fetish a modern phenomenon? Stimulated by the relatively massively high calorie diets of the super consumption era and access to well archived material (ie Facebook)? In other words, how early can we pinpoint this fetish? Post industrial revolution?

Additionally, what is the natural draw/fascination with weight gain? We don't have to go far to see non-FAs fascinated with the subject of weight gain. How many forums have we seen with 100 page long threads dedicated to the topic of girls getting fat. Certainly major contributors are FAs, but what are the others?

Will we see more FAs and Feedists by percentage as the world continues to "expand?"