Katy Mixon

supatroll

8 hours ago, DanishFan87 said:

It's looks as if she's getting fatter as the show goes on.

just started watchimg American Housewife and fuuuuuuu- shes so hot in it

lots of self referential fat humor without beimg crass and her body is just !!

in the zombie run episode theres a quick shot of her scaling over an obstacle thats just all booty in her workout pants. I told my wife i needed to rewind it real quick and shes like "What why *realization* *dirty look*"

in another scene (from zombie episode or another, we binged them to catch up) shes talking to hubby in bedroom in pajama pants that just cling to her thighs like whoa. Shes way hotter now than in Mike & Molly despite beimg less slutty and im pretty sure that's all just weight gain

Variety interview with Katy Mixon. Some relevant bits:

Katie’s feelings about her weight are a big part of her identity.

I know. She’s so consumed with it.

What is that like playing that character? There’s sort of a tragic element to her.

I think you’ve got to find the humor in it, honey. There’s humor in literally being like, This is who I am. I’m not a size 2. I’m not a size 4. I’m not even a size 8 or 10. Honestly, sweetheart, if I had the issues that Katie Otto had I couldn’t play her. I would have to have a therapist on set with me.

Who I am just couldn’t be more opposite of what the character goes through. I’ve never let the media dictate my identity. I’m who I am. I’ve been a size 4. I’ve been a size 12. I’ve been a size 8. I’ve been a size 2, and I think what I … I’m a big fan of just celebrating who you are. There no other person like you in this world and for me that’s powerful. That is the most powerful thing.

It’s interesting playing this kind of character that’s self-deprecating. I’m just not self-deprecating. I just find humor in it all, in the sense of like, “yeah, it’s okay. I had a doughnut today and tomorrow I’ll eat broccoli.” That’s my M.O. Katie Otto really struggles. She thinks everyone is talking about her. She thinks everyone is against her — and really she’s against herself in some way. I think she is learning — in each episode she tries and she fails and she gets back up on the horse — to really accept herself. The thing is at the end of the day, she does. She’s a firecracker. She is a little bit of a walking contradiction, but that’s what we all go through each day.

It doesn’t matter what gender you are, or it doesn’t matter what other background you come from, everybody deals with insecurity. Everybody understands, for whatever reason, what it’s like to not fit in, or not do it right, or not be perfect. That’s why I’m such a firm believer of the show. It’s not just pertaining to housewives. It’s pertaining to every single person in this world. Everybody deals with what it’s like not being excellent. It’s going to be okay. You’ve got to accept yourself where you’re at and forgive yourself, and walk through the fire. That’s been my anthem with it, basically, of learning how to play this role.

How has it been striking the balance between being aware of Katie’s weight and making fun of Katie’s weight?

I just don’t think about it, darling, to be honest with you. I think there is an aspect of it where it’s like, this is the role. This is the character that I signed up for, so if the Katie Otto character is struggling with her weight, she’s struggling with her weight

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If someone gets the stills of her from Hell or High Water they would be a saint. I just watched it and she looks BY FAR the fattest I've ever seen her. Not exagerating when I say she looks at least 20 pounds fatter than any of these other pics.

2 hours ago, NWFA92 said:

If someone gets the stills of her from Hell or High Water they would be a saint. I just watched it and she looks BY FAR the fattest I've ever seen her. Not exagerating when I say she looks at least 20 pounds fatter than any of these other pics.

Video should be cued to start with her first appearance, then skip to 2:33

Szenenbild-Hell-or-High-Water-Gil-Birmingham-Katy-Mixon-658x370-1fe6b3909f1f35e6.jpg

20 hours ago, NWFA92 said:

I just watched the scene Master posted, she looks quite a bit bigger in the show. She looks a lot bigger in motion than in the stills here. I checked it out for her, but I've continued to watch, it's got funny moments. On tonight at 8:30 EST if you're interested.

5 hours ago, OscarWinner said:

She's pregnant in real life or in character?

In real life. It's kind of funny, she's clearly gained during the season but the frequency of fat jokes/plotlines has stayed the same. The whole point was she was a normal American woman who got judged in this rich Connecticut town, but now she's fat enough to get judged anywhere.

Here's a short clip from the Valentine's Day episode, only in her typical flannel and yoga pants here, but she wears a tight dress and even some lingerie at points during the full episode.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Luissuarez said:

did anyone catch the new season 2 premiere last night? how did Katy look? screenshots?

Oh I didn't know it came back this week, I haven't watched the episode, so I don't know how she looks in motion, but here are some photos I just found.

First 4 are from episode 1 of season 2, and the rest are from episode 2 of S2.

147294_0036-900x0.jpg

147294_9540-900x0.jpg

147294_9623-900x0.jpg

147294_9831-400x0.jpg

147341_0854-900x0.jpg

147341_1108-900x0.jpg

147341_1341-900x0.jpg

147341_1491-900x0.jpg

147384_1497-900x0.jpg

147385_2942-900x0.jpg

147385_3336-900x0.jpg