Some girls would do anything to be skinny.

NJDoll

I agree I don't think many people on CURVAGE can judge others for extreme methods they employ to attain a desired level of beauty.  We are all responsible for the choices we make so if while attaining so called beauty goes to extreme levels perhaps even affecting health it is a persons individual choice to make.

I agree, whatever floats your boat is fine with me. But, losing 20 lbs in one month is not healthy at all, I think that our society (even healthcare providers) have resulted to such extreme measures for patients to get thin; that even if the measures are unhealthy they are acceptable.

From what I know about the gaining community, the majority of the individuals gain at a healthy rate; so because a small subculture of this website is dedicated to gaining, we can't judge our healthcare providers for doing such a terrible procedure on overweight individuals and deeming it acceptable?

• Moderators

I'm all for people wanting to be healthy, but this is a poor way of getting there. It is a (potentially dangerous) temporary fix that does not result in long-term benefit. The person will still crave the unhealthy food, the implant just makes it uncomfortable to consume it. Most people would probably gain all that weight back after this surgery because no habits were actually changed. I don't buy that "gun to your head" line from the doc at all, Pavlov and Skinner weren't completely correct in their findings.

Besides, there are plenty of ways to cheat while that implant is installed:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/caramel-ribbon-crunch-frappuccino-blended-beverage#size=11029019&milk=61&whip=125

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/MenuItem/frozen-zone/real-ice-cream-shakes/peanut-butter-cookie-shake

I'm all for people wanting to be healthy, but this is a poor way of getting there. It is a (potentially dangerous) temporary fix that does not result in long-term benefit. The person will still crave the unhealthy food, the implant just makes it uncomfortable to consume it. Most people would probably gain all that weight back after this surgery because no habits were actually changed. I don't buy that "gun to your head" line from the doc at all, Pavlov and Skinner weren't completely correct in their findings.

Besides, there are plenty of ways to cheat while that implant is installed:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/frappuccino-blended-beverages/caramel-ribbon-crunch-frappuccino-blended-beverage#size=11029019&milk=61&whip=125

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/MenuItem/frozen-zone/real-ice-cream-shakes/peanut-butter-cookie-shake

I never had either one of those, I NEED to try them both ASAP

Heard about half-sewing one's lip so to be able to eat smaller portions but this.

Seriously, I hope those people die. I need to believe in Darwin's theories... :P

For $2,000 why not just hire someone to punch you in the stomach every time you try to eat something.

:D

Heard about half-sewing one's lip so to be able to eat smaller portions but this.

Seriously, I hope those people die. I need to believe in Darwin's theories... :P

:D

Atlya, that made me lol for a good minute. I was not expecting that. Well done.

On a more serious note, I agree with a majority of what has already been said. People are indeed stupid and in this day and age speed is everything. So a temporary fix to a problem that requires a long term fix will never solve anything. It's like breaking a bone and having said bone sticking out of your arm and a band-aid is put on it to make it all better. Ummm...not quite. It mostly boils down to ignorance, laziness and sheer stupidity. And that's a relatively easy fix. Determination and education combined with some patience and creativity and you're on your way.

Besides, these temporary things never account for the potential long term effects of both the products or procedures as well as the medical history of the person before said products and procedures. And by that I mean, so you lost weight, good for you. Doesn't mean you're at any less risk for colon cancer or for that matter, since you get far less nutrients and whatnot from liquid diets any other infection. Way to deplete your immune system knucklehead. Have fun with that. In this case, the "procedure" is basically a medical way to give a person an acceptable reason to go on a liquid/starvation diet. Which will never work because as soon as they start eating solid foods again, they'll be back where they started if not heavier...and then we'll have excellent posting material for the threads here. LOL  ;D

And nobody's bugged by this procedure? I mean you take something to fix hernia's and put it on your tongue. Ewww...no thanks. I'll go eat my food and love it.

Mmm, very wrong: “And really, my husband is the happiest person. He's over the moon about my weight loss.”  :(

Though to be fair, people in this community would probably have the same reaction if their wife or significant other gained weight. It honestly happens both ways. :/

Well yeah but i don't cut the edges of my fiancée's mouth to get more food in her :P

True, but as we know, there are some people who willingly put things in their spouse's food to plump them up or try to over feed them. It's not something a lot of us agree or even think is okay to do, but you know there are those that do it. :(

Also, congrats on the engagement! :D

• 1 month later...

I agree, whatever floats your boat is fine with me. But, losing 20 lbs in one month is not healthy at all

Just going to have to disagree with you there, depending on the size of the person 20 pounds in a month could actually be done not only in a healthy fashion...but very easily. Minimal cardio and weightlifting and a high protein diet and someone who's an "ssbbw" would easily drop 20 in a month (assuming no other variables).

Just going to have to disagree with you there, depending on the size of the person 20 pounds in a month could actually be done not only in a healthy fashion...but very easily. Minimal cardio and weightlifting and a high protein diet and someone who's an "ssbbw" would easily drop 20 in a month (assuming no other variables).

And it will be gained back even more easily.

Assuming they only applied the lifestyle change for a single month sure, but everyone is capable of some level of change. I guess it depends on the person but I personally don't find it difficult to learn something and then continue to apply it until it no longer appears to be true. I am not implying anyone has to do this, only that most can if they choose.