Rules and DNP (Do Not Post) list

S77

what about mirrored SC preview material? (since the links directly to pictures on SC often fail and give an error)

if it's the intentionally free promotional material is it fair game?

Yes, I see no problem with that.

• 1 month later...

Hippy has been permanently banned because of a chat rule which doesn't appear anywhere on the site. Will the rest of us have any warning before we are permanently banned or is it just at the whim of SuperJ. If so, why bother having mods?

That issue aside, having visible rules worked well on the previous Curvage, is there any reason for the lack of them here?

While Hippy didn't bother me, he was an obnoxious, inebriated nuisance, but the final straw was directing people to his own chatroom.

As far as no rules being posted, it just hasn't happened yet. Many of the members that remember the old site have a good idea of what the rules were...

KFD

Guest flamins

While Hippy didn't bother me, he was an obnoxious, inebriated nuisance, but the final first straw was directing people to his own chatroom.

Corrected.

While Hippy didn't bother me, he was an obnoxious, inebriated nuisance, but the final straw was directing people to his own chatroom.

KFD

Ahh I see, we are banning people for drink chatting, perhaps we should enforce a breathalyser test for chat?

He opened his chat when Curvage chat was down, not with malicious intent. However, while we are on the subject, what exactly is wrong with directing people to other sites, we have a whole links section on the forum which does just that. What are the negatives to it?

As members we have chosen to visit the site because of what we see, if people decide to visit other chats after recommendations is that a bad thing? Many people chat in multiple sites as evidenced by the number of LTC people in Curvage chat. Is that now banned?

Flamins, don't put words in my mouth. I have gone up to bat for Hippy a few times. People have complained about him, so it's not like he was arbitrarily banned for no reason.

Silent Majority, if you can invent it, we can add it. People have complained about his loud rambling overpowering the chat. Again, I don't know the specifics of why he was banned...

KFD

• 5 months later...
Guest vslppt1

can the do not post list be updated?  Links seems to be changed to car related links at random. Would be good to know which are currently on do not post list.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, vslppt1 said:

can the do not post list be updated?  Links seems to be changed to car related links at random. Would be good to know which are currently on do not post list.

1.2 - Posting of copyrighted works is permitted in the case of Fair Use, or with the permission of the copyright holder only.

Linking to any paysite content could get Curvage in trouble with the copyright holders and will be removed. Video / photo previews are okay under Fair Use, but not full videos / photo sets.

Guest vslppt1
23 hours ago, maybejames said:

1.2 - Posting of copyrighted works is permitted in the case of Fair Use, or with the permission of the copyright holder only.

Linking to any paysite content could get Curvage in trouble with the copyright holders and will be removed. Video / photo previews are okay under Fair Use, but not full videos / photo sets.

Noted some other threads seem to be cleaned up now as well, just not as quick. Will help the best I can then ;)

• Moderators
5 hours ago, vslppt1 said:

Noted some other threads seem to be cleaned up now as well, just not as quick. Will help the best I can then ;)

No worries man, you can report any post that you think crosses that line, the mod team will get round to reviewing at some point. Thank you vslppt1 :)

• 3 months later...